Google Street View

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
google-street-view-india.jpg

Google is offering a treat for history lovers and online explorers. The company has added 31 new Indian Archaeological sites and monuments on Google Maps and the Google Cultural Institute.

Google Street View is a technology featured in Google Maps and Google Earth that provides panoramic views from positions along many streets in the world. Sadly, Google Street View does not work in India for regular cities. But Google has partnered with Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) to have around 100 national monuments on Street View. Other top Google Street View destinations in India include Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Agra Fort, Lavasa, Lovely Professional University, Humayun’s Tomb, Shaniwar Wada, Jantar Mantar and IIT Bombay

India’s iconic Taj Mahal, which was published on Street View February 2014, has emerged as one of the most popular Asian places for global virtual travelers, according to Google. The company has successfully partnered with Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation, Karnataka Department of Archaeology, Museums and Heritage, Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation to introduce more heritage monuments and archeological sites into their database.

Google Street View adds 31 new Indian Archaeological sites

Reactions: iSK
With our updated Street View app on Android, it’s now easier than ever to collect your own Street View imagery and put it in the right place on Google Maps. Using our new connected photos tool in the app, you can record a series of connected images as you move down a street or path.

These images are captured using ARCore, the same augmented reality technology we use to produce experiences like Live View. After you record your images and publish them via the Street View app, we automatically rotate, position and create a series of connected photos. We then place those connected images in the right place on Google Maps, so your new Street View can be found in the exact location where it was taken for others to see and explore.

Now anyone can share their world with Street View

India Coverage as of May 2023

Tj7dMHV.jpg

Zooming in on South India:

aWj2PJy.jpg

n6SJXNq.jpg

Last edited:
Google is taking pictures of homes with such precision that you can count even rims on your windows.

There are scores of ramifications of this like Burglars may closely examine a house that they're considering breaking into, searching for weak spots and entry points that could provide them with easy access to the property.

Last edited:
What sort of vehicle is google using to map the street view? I was following a vehicle (2 vehicles ahead of me) which had a periscope like thing sticking out on top like submarine view finder.

What sort of vehicle is google using to map the street view? I was following a vehicle (2 vehicles ahead of me) which had a periscope like thing sticking out on top like submarine view finder.
As evident from the official images, Google will use tri-cycle and Chevrolet Captiva for collecting images. However, individuals have also noticed Mahindra Scorpio and Maruti Alto on roads.

In addition to the Street View cars, the Google Trike — a specially designed three-wheel pedi-cab with a camera system mounted on top — will start gathering images from select locations in and around Bangalore, such as the Nrityagram Dance Village over the next few weeks.

ISTLTwg.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock