General Discussions on AirFiber

Ashok Varma

Contributor
Reaction score
That's the way it should be. Band 3/1/40 should be reformed to 5G step by step. Also, need to focus on postpaid segment to take on Reliance Jio.
In the meantime, Jio might acquire most of the customers with Airfiber & OTT offers😆

Last edited:
In the meantime, Jio might acquire most of the customers with Airfiber & OTT offers😆
People are unhappy with Jiofiber service already. Whoever has stuck with them because of JioTV. Once Jio announces tariffs for 5G, most people will shift from them to better operators. I doubt Jio Airfiber services will bring any fortune to Jio. It's good for rural areas where fiber rollout is going to be costly and for it to succeed it needs to be priced at 399-499+tax. I doubt again that will happen.

People are unhappy with Jiofiber service already. Whoever has stuck with them because of JioTV. Once Jio announces tariffs for 5G, most people will shift from them to better operators. I doubt Jio Airfiber services will bring any fortune to Jio. It's good for rural areas where fiber rollout is going to be costly and for it to succeed it needs to be priced at 399-499+tax. I doubt again that will happen.
Now Jio and Airtel have same issues like connectivity and speeds for 4G and 5G, but Airtel don’t have OTT add on for basic pack in Fiber.

Last edited:
Now Jio and Airtel have same issues like connectivity and speeds for 4G and 5G, but Airtel don’t have OTT add on for basic pack in Fiber.
Yes. But if you combine three things, it's quiet good package. Airtel doesn't have issues in 4G(atleast in 50-70% of circles). I don't know about 5G. Jio 5G is good, but Jio 4G has improved a lot in many areas due to 5G offloading. We were talking about fiber, I thought. Airtel if they add band 3/1 in most of the circles for 2024 expiry, they will be well placed. They should focus on converting premium Airtel prepaid customers who are recharging with daily packs into 499 postpaid plans. It will make them boost ARPU to 250-280 within no time.

Yes. But if you combine three things, it's quiet good package. Airtel doesn't have issues in 4G(atleast in 50-70% of circles). I don't know about 5G. Jio 5G is good, but Jio 4G has improved a lot in many areas due to 5G offloading. We were talking about fiber, I thought. Airtel if they add band 3/1 in most of the circles for 2024 expiry, they will be well placed. They should focus on converting premium Airtel prepaid customers who are recharging with daily packs into 499 postpaid plans. It will make them boost ARPU to 250-280 within no time.
90% Prepaid customers never looks into above Rs 300 recharge per month

Last edited:
90% Prepaid customers never looks into above Rs 300 recharge per month
Metro city customers were close to 299 till last year. 2GB/day for 28 days. Free 300GB 5G data has reduced the recharge for Airtel and eventually ARPU.

If not now, within a year, you will see this. Customers who recharges with 299 per month should go for combo plan of Airtel if Airtel fiber available in their area.

isn't Airfiber Parody version of Dongle and Wifi Dongles, those who uses Dongles it's not new thing for them.

isn't Airfiber Parody version of Dongle and Wifi Dongles, those who uses Dongles it's not new thing for them.
I don’t know how this gonna work in India.. But actually with 5G it is truly different In USA some people completely disconnecting their wired broadband and using this home internet services and some are even calling this is as cord cutting 2.0

Last edited:
Dongles based on mobile data plans, but Airfiber based on fixed wireless service to specific celltower

Metro city customers were close to 299 till last year. 2GB/day for 28 days. Free 300GB 5G data has reduced the recharge for Airtel and eventually ARPU.

If not now, within a year, you will see this. Customers who recharges with 299 per month should go for combo plan of Airtel if Airtel fiber available in their area.
Airtel might put its DTH service with NCF in Airfiber combo plan also😀

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock