Gavaskar should replace N Srinivasan as BCCI chief, suggests Supreme Court

• Thread starter Thread starter Devesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 2
  • Views Views: Views 601

Devesh

Reaction score
quguhuhy.jpg

The Supreme Court, which on Tuesday wanted N. Srinivasan to step down as BCCI president to ensure a fair probe into the IPL betting and match-fixing scandal, will pass an interim an order on Friday. The top court made no decision on Srinivasan, whose son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan of Chennai Super Kings has been indicted for betting and sharing team information, but suggested that Sunil Gavaskar could be the interim chief. The Supreme Court has suggested that a person like Sunil Gavaskar could be the interim chief.

The court, after hearing all the arguments, proposed that Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals should not be part of the IPL. Due to conflict of interest, anyone employed by India Cements, should be kept out of the tournament. India Cements owns CSK, whose Managing Director is Srinivasan. India Cements also employs Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Sunder Raman, the man who runs IPL.

http://m.ndtv.com/article/sports/appoint-sunil-gavaskar-as-interim-bcci-chief-says-supreme-court-222412

It is needed..I hope SC can given same decision as well because BCCI is behaving like it is above law..

Gavaskar to NDTV-If the court has faith in me i will to do it happily

Back
Top Bottom