Gautam Gambhir doubtful for India's tour of West Indies

Napster

Reaction score
Gambhir apparently has been advised for four to six weeks of rest, by Kolkata Knight Riders team physio Andrew Leipus, following the aggravation of a shoulder injury, which was sustained during the World Cup final.

Gambhir was also taken for a precautionary MRI scan earlier this week, and there were doubts over his participation in the crucial Eliminator match against Mumbai Indians [ Images ] on Wednesday.

Though Gambhir played the match, but the southpaw confirmed the fact he is struggling with his shoulder and had gone for a precautionary scan. "Absolutely. I haven't got the report yet. I still need to speak to the physio. I will do that after I reach the dressing room because he did not want to discuss (the injury) with me before the match," he said after the Kolkata Knight Riders lost by four wickets against Mumbai in the Eliminator.

Elaborating on the injury, Gambhir said, "It's (shoulder) hurting me, I can't throw. During the last game I fell while sliding. After that I threw one ball and then went for an MRI scan, but I don't know what the report says exactly," he added.

Knight Riders' team physio Andrew Leipus, in a letter to the BCCI had said that Gambhir needs at least four-six weeks of rest and also asked the board's medical committee to look into the player's injury management.

"The clinical findings supported the mechanism of the onset of the acute injury, however, he did report having corticosteroid injections on two occasions over the previous few years. In the last match where KKR played MI, Gautam again felt an aggravation of the shoulder pain on one particular throw," Leipus said in his letter.

.rediff

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock