Gardner extends Bolton stay

Reaction score
Bolton Wanderers midfielder Ricardo Gardner has signed a one-year contract extension with the Barclays Premier League club.

It will take the popular Jamaican into a 13th season at the Reebok Stadium and is confirmation of his well-being after a knee injury sidelined him for much of last season.

"I have been at Bolton almost my entire career and I wanted to stay here longer," he told the official club website.

"I am looking forward to this pre-season because it is a fresh start."

The 32-year-old has made over 400 appearances for the Trotters and also featured four times for Preston North End in a loan move last season that many wondered would signal the end of his Bolton career.

Gardner was never convinced and always felt he could recover given the correct preparation.

"I hurt my knee after the season started last year and I had to play catch-up," he said.

"I had a bit of a break in the summer and went back to Jamaica for two weeks to give my muscles all the rest that I needed and spend time with my family.

"It was important that I prepared myself right because this is a big season for me and I want to make sure I enjoy it."

Injury restricted Gardner to just five Barclays Premier League appearances for Bolton in 2010/11 but he now hopes to re-establish himself in the Trotters' squad.

The Jamaican international has made 247 Premier League appearances for Bolton, scoring 10 goals, since his £1m move from Harbour View after impressing during France 98.

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2386364,00.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock