Breaking F1 TV PRO launches in India

Jagadeesh

Contributor
Reaction score
Formula 1's direct OTT live service F1 TV PRO has been launched in India.

The yearly plan costs $29.99 on the website and 2999rs in Apps while the monthly plan costs $3.99 on the website and 249/299rs in Apps (The monthly price is glitched..multiple prices reported.)

The official launch is expected on 21st February but the plans are available for purchase now.

It must be noted that Star held F1 TV and Digital rights for the Indian market for the last 8+ years which expired last year.

The TV broadcaster for the upcoming season is yet to be confirmed.

Last edited:
1gVUJIj.jpg
EzmHezd.jpg
N5kpfEn.jpg
WkdQeQB.jpg

Really happy for those who were looking for Ad free Sports Experience.

I Read few comments indicating that Few members in the forum are willing to pay extra ₹ for AD-Free IPL Experience. I hope they get an option similar to this, I guess it will come with similar pricing. (If it comes)

Really happy for those who were looking for Ad free Sports Experience.

I Read few comments indicating that Few members in the forum are willing to pay extra ₹ for AD-Free IPL Experience. I hope they get an option similar to this, I guess it will come with similar pricing. (If it comes)
They can't and won't do that even if they sell season package for ₹2-3k.

This will alienate non casual viewers. This is even expensive to regular viewers of F1. They need to slash their price by ₹100 - ₹150 atleast.
I am a regular viewer of F1 but there is no way i am going to fork out another 2-3k just to watch F1.I hope the F1 management understands that they aren't going to gain anything by doing this.

Yes for one Sports rights the amount is high
Fan code is better 49 rs per match pass

They should charge 49 per race event then lovers will subscribe
IMO when they launch a new service. They need to give 2-3 races to let people experience their service before shelling out ₹2-3k.
I am a regular viewer of F1 but there is no way i am going to fork out another 2-3k just to watch F1.I hope the F1 management understands that they aren't going to gain anything by doing this.
They can't get a TV deal. Broadcasters can't monetize. People complains about having ads in-between race. This sport is something that requires high subscription revenue. Star and Sony are dumb to give everything away with basic subscription which will hurt in long run. They needs to have add-ons or season packs like Sony Liv WWE Network.

They can't get a TV deal. Broadcasters can't monetize. People complains about having ads in-between race. This sport is something that requires high subscription revenue.
They are not getting a TV deal because they ask for more money for a sport which is not exactly an average indian's cup of tea.I would like to see their revenues with this subscription model if they are unable to find a broadcaster.
Star and Sony are dumb to give everything away with basic subscription which will hurt in long run.
May be but India is not Europe or US with higher per Capita income.They are already increasing the basic subscription cost almost every year and further compartmentalizing the content is not going to increase their revenues unless average public finds more money in their hands.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock