Breaking F1 TV PRO launches in India

They are not getting a TV deal because they ask for more money for a sport which is not exactly an average indian's cup of tea.I would like to see their revenues with this subscription model if they are unable to find a broadcaster.
The Indian broadcaster also didn't do justice to them by putting them on a niche channel which wasn't even part of basic package. It was even hard to find with barely any promotion. If they can tackle illegal streams. I think they will do fine. Their fanbase can afford them.
May be but India is not Europe or US with higher per Capita income.They are already increasing the basic subscription cost almost every year and further compartmentalizing the content is not going to increase their revenues unless average public finds more money in their hands.
Than get ready for upcoming season of your favourite football league or basketball leagues to go to on pay per view model. No one can be in profit and monetize by giving away sports for ₹19 on TV or ₹800 a year which rest of the streaming content as well. Even ad can't cut it. Small time ₹300 - ₹400 season packs will help atleast to keep it affordable for us. New entrants can burn. But until when.

The Indian broadcaster also didn't do justice to them by putting them on a niche channel which wasn't even part of basic package. It was even hard to find with barely any promotion. If they can tackle illegal streams. I think they will do fine.
I don't think there was lack of promotion for F1 on SSHD2.
Their fanbase can afford them.
Able to afford doesn't necessarily means a subscription.As i said i will wait for the revenue figures.
Than get ready for upcoming season of your favourite football league or basketball leagues to go to on pay per view model. No one can be in profit and monetize by giving away sports for ₹19 on TV or ₹800 a year which rest of the streaming content as well. Even ad can't cut it. Small time ₹300 - ₹400 season packs will help atleast to keep it affordable for us. New entrants can burn. But until when.
You can't compare a 380 match PL with once in 2/3 weeks F1.People will pay money for PL matches seeing the overall packages.If F1 thinks that it can get 2k by showing races twice a month and exclusive interviews with Drivers good luck to them.

If you are an ardent F1 fan, you will be very happy that F1 TV PRO has been launched in India.

Hotstar had the worst F1 streaming experience with videos not even at 720p sometimes.

Further, 2500rs per season is not very expensive for the quality they provide.

F1 TV PRO experience is the best sports streaming experience one can get and it is unmatched by any other stuff.

You can stream in 1080p 50 FPS and it is mindblowing when you experience it.

Further, you can literally do your own race setup with access to 20 live onboard driver cams, driver radios, pitlane channels, multiple cameras, multiple commentaries, maps, tyre data, and live timings. You can also have on-demand replays. You also get access to the entire F1 races spanning decades back and documentaries that are exclusive to F1 TV.

Further, they have offered discounts of around 25% in the past and sometimes up to 50% rarely, and trial subscriptions during the testing week and first race. Also, they offer discounts sometimes during the winter break.

Without discounts, this is also one of the cheapest F1 TV PRO subscriptions in the world. Earlier, non-pro F1 TV was available in India for around ~2000 a year or ~189rs I guess. So for extra 500rs, you get more value.

I understand that this is expensive but for the quality they provide, it is fairly priced because it comes to just 100rs per race. (2499/23races = ~108rs + 3 day testing week which comes to ~104 per race week)

Further, the TV deal might still be grabbed by one of the broadcasters. F1 has shared digital rights with others in a few countries where F1 TV PRO along with TV broadcaster and their digital streaming co-existed. We will get a clear picture around next week.

there are only 2-3 races per month (total 23 circuits), means including qualifier viewers get ~6 days of live event per month. Rest of the time they may get repeats or other F1 related programmes.
Monthly rates seems very high for those who want to watch the live races only.

there are only 2-3 races per month (total 23 circuits), means including qualifier viewers get ~6 days of live event per month. Rest of the time they may get repeats or other F1 related programmes.
Monthly rates seems very high for those who want to watch the live races only.
May i also add that except the 2021-22 season almost every F1 ssn. for last decade has been one sided with the Drivers championship and the Constructor's championship(if that excites you) pretty much won before they go for mid ssn. break.Why would someone want to pay high subscription fee to watch a competition which gets over by 3-4 months.

May i also add that except the 2021-22 season almost every F1 ssn. for last decade has been one sided with the Drivers championship and the Constructor's championship(if that excites you) pretty much won before they go for mid ssn. break.Why would someone want to pay high subscription fee to watch a competition which gets over by 3-4 months.
similar reason why one-team leagues like Bundesliga and Ligue1 ended up with Sports18 instead of Star or Sony. Two-team league also went the same way.

Formula 1's direct OTT live service F1 TV PRO has been launched in India.

The yearly plan costs $29.99 on the website and 2999rs in Apps while the monthly plan costs $3.99 on the website and 249/299rs in Apps (The monthly price is glitched..multiple prices reported.)

The official launch is expected on 21st February but the plans are available for purchase now.

It must be noted that Star held F1 TV and Digital rights for the Indian market for the last 8+ years which expired last year.

The TV broadcaster for the upcoming season is yet to be confirmed.
They will not get more than 5k-10k subscriber.

govt should understand that sports and movies have very expensive investments..... broadcasters should be allowed too keep sports and movie channels out of package and should be allowed too charge more money....like rs50 or rs60 s that they can cover some sort of revenue of their investment, broadcaster should have courage too take steps and increase pricing of sports channel then we might get more live sports on tv... or else osst sports channel will be showing same sports on it 10 channels like currently sony sports is doing not showing PSl live and showing crape PVL on most of its channels. I still dont understand who watches these home grown sports these sports should be live on DD as it has reach in rural area as well this will incourage youngsters and will solve.... BIG broadcasters should stick too international sports like it use too be in 90s and early 2000

govt should understand that sports and movies have very expensive investments..... broadcasters should be allowed too keep sports and movie channels out of package and should be allowed too charge more money....like rs50 or rs60 s that they can cover some sort of revenue of their investment, broadcaster should have courage too take steps and increase pricing of sports channel then we might get more live sports on tv... or else osst sports channel will be showing same sports on it 10 channels like currently sony sports is doing not showing PSl live and showing crape PVL on most of its channels. I still dont understand who watches these home grown sports these sports should be live on DD as it has reach in rural area as well this will incourage youngsters and will solve.... BIG broadcasters should stick too international sports like it use too be in 90s and early 2000
No Govt should regulate OTT and charge just like their counterpart like channels

broadcasters can keep any channel outside of bouquets and price them as they like, what is the concern here?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock