DSport acquires exclusive India broadcast rights of 'The Open'

Shantanu

Reaction score
DSport has acquired long-term India broadcast rights of ‘The Open’, Golf’s oldest and most prestigious tournament.

‘The Open’ is one of the four major championships in professional golf. DSport will telecast live The 146th Open, set to get underway on 20 July 2017, at the Royal Birkdale Golf Club in Southport, England. Indian stars Anirban Lahiri and Shiv Kapur will be among several legends and other top stars of world golf, trying to lay their hands on the coveted Claret Jug.

The live and exclusive broadcast will be in two phases across the four days of The Open.
Telecast Timings:
July 20: 11 AM – 2:00 PM & 6:30 PM – 00:30 AM (IST)
July 21: 11 AM – 2:00 PM & 6:30 PM – 00:30 AM (IST)
July 22: 6:30 PM – 00:30 AM (IST)
July 23: 5:30 – 23:30 PM (IST)

DSport acquires exclusive India broadcast rights of 'The Open'

DSport channel i feel is absolute waste of HD Space..... even though they have HD channel, all the programs shown on this channel are not even close to HD clarity. I have watched NASCAR/Tour de France.. all these programs are shown in down scaled format only.
last year Tour de France shown in Ten HD was in amazing picture quality.

I am also dissatisfied with the picture quality of this channel. PQ not upto the standard as that of Star Sports or Sony. Also the channel lacks DD /DD+.
Tens sports used to show live Tour De France for atleast an hour or so, but DSport is showing only highlights.
But I am happy to see other sports on this channel, like Brazilian Football Rallycross, BMX, adventure sports, etc.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock