Good News Disney+ Hotstar Enabled Profiles

Raviteja

Contributor
Reaction score
Disney+ Hotstar Enabled Profiles and looks like for now it's only for iOS. I couldn't edit/add them through the website or App on Apple tv.

ia2v6bA.png

WdSK9xa.png

ulbG3eE.jpg

I was trying this today itself. Still shows coming soon on Android. Hilariously, weird that they are taking ages to deliver a basic feature.

Took them ages to provide a basic feature.
Still not done properly unable to age rating once profile created ….
And able to delete some profiles and for some profiles unable to delete

Profiles added to Hotstar for Android TV.

lyOR1g1.jpg

Yeah, on the Android TV app, the profile switcher is not appearing while launching the app. 😭

We have got to get into the app first, and then go to the My Space tab, from where we are able to switch profiles. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽🤦🏽‍♂️

I guess they are soft launching the profiles feature. Because there were no details on the play store's "what's new" section about the introduction of profiles. The new version number (23.06.19.16) too suggests that it is not a major update version. I expected the profiles option to arrive probably when they move to the next major version (24.0 & above).

In my opinion, the addition of the profiles option is a major upgrade for hotstar's android app(s), because it has been added after 8 years of the initial launch of the android mobile app (2015). The Android TV app was launched in 2017.

About the deletion of profiles though, I believe 2 types profiles cannot be deleted:

1) The main profile (which was used to create the hotstar account). We can change the name of this profile though. Again, age restrictions cannot be altered for this profile (I believe it would have full access including any Adult rated content).

2) Kids profile. We can change the name of this profile too.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock