(Discarded Info) JioHotstar - JioCinema and Disney+ Hotstar will be merged soon, website is now live

Status
Not open for further replies.
How real is this? Any experts who can reverse search and trace the source of this?

this looks like fake. the domain is registered from iceland.
It is fake but not due to domain registrant Iceland location. Even you can check the domain whois info for our sites, those will also show up as Iceland. It's basically the domain privacy protection which hides the actual domain owners location and replaces it with random ones.

If this is fake why would somebody do this? Is it free to have a domain
It's called as domain hoarding. When a new product/service is due for launch, people register the probable domain names and sometimes manage to sell it to the brands at a much higher cost.

It costs 100₹ to buy domain from third party. (For 28 days)
I don't know what third party means but as per ICANN only yearly registration of domains (minimum one year) are possible officially.

If one is opting for domain registration via some third party (like you mentioned), for sure they would lose the domain later on because they won't get the full domain ownership and would get only delegated access for a month.

If one is opting for domain registration via some third party (like you mentioned), for sure they would lose the domain later on because they won't get the full domain ownership and would get only delegated access for a month.
Yes, i wanted to create website by purchasing domain , it said to pay 125 ₹ you will get 1month free usage , post which you need to pay .
Just domain names would be in annual subscription, but if you also wanna host the server you can get monthly

Yes, i wanted to create website by purchasing domain , it said to pay 125 ₹ you will get 1month free usage , post which you need to pay .
Just domain names would be in annual subscription, but if you also wanna host the server you can get monthly
Domain and hosting are two separate things. You should not mix thme together. Hosting can be taken on monthly term. But that doesn't make the domain registration monthly.

Such INR 125 services will leave you high and dry in the end because you won't have any ownership by opting for these unofficial services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom