‘Disappointed’ Ravi Shastri quits Anil Kumble-headed ICC Cricket Committee

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Ravi Shastri on Friday resigned from the post of media representative of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Cricket Committee. Ravi Shastri’s resignation comes days after his verbal spat with former team India captain Saurav Ganguly over the appointment of Anil Kumble as head coach of Indian cricket team. Notably, Anil Kumble heads the ICC’s Cricket Committee.

Ravi Shastri missed the ICC’s Cricket Committee’s meeting, which was held on 2-3 June at Lords. Shastri had reportedly informed ICC chairman Shashank Manohar about the possibility of his resignation. Shastri resigned saying that he had been member of the committee for quite some time and needed break.

Ravi Shastri, who also applied for the post of head coach of team India, stirred controversy when he blamed Saurav Ganguly for not getting the top job. Ganguly was a part of the three-member high-powered Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) responsible for interviewing the candidates. “All I can say is that Ganguly wasn’t there when I was interviewed and you should ask what problem Ganguly has with me instead of asking me,” said Shastri.

Furious Saurav Ganguly lashed out at Ravi Shastri saying the Mumbaikar was “living in a fool’s world” if he held him responsible for not getting the coveted India coach’s job. “I just feel his (Shastri) comments are very personal. If Ravi Shastri feels that Sourav Ganguly was responsible for him not being the India coach, he is living in a fool’s world,” an angry Ganguly told TV channels.

Saurav Ganguly also took a dig at Ravi Shastri’s casucal attitude and said that the former Team Director could have been present in person “especially when one of India’s greatest cricketers of all time spoke for two hours.”

'Disappointed' Ravi Shastri quits Anil Kumble-headed ICC Cricket Committee | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at India.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock