CSA T20 Challenge 2016

• Thread starter Thread starter rahul1117kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 4
  • Views Views: Views 1,024
Reaction score
Cricket South Africa's domestic T20 tournament, CSA T20 Challenge 2016, will kick off at the Wanderers, Johannesburg on November 12.

The tournament will be without a sponsor after its previous sponsor, courier company RAM, decided not to extend its four-year relationship with CSA. RAM had initially signed up with the country's board as title sponsors for three years from the 2012-13 season. The tournament was then called the Ram Slam T20 competition.

At the culmination of the three-year period, RAM extended its deal by signing on for an extra year. However, with reports of match-fixing plaguing the league, and with as many as four players, including Thami Tsolekile who has played three Tests for South Africa, receiving lengthy bans, RAM decided not to sponsor the league this time around.

The lack of a sponsor is unlikely to affect the league much. The domestic T20 competition is already on its last legs, with the board mooting the possibility starting a new T20 league. CSA Chief Executive, Haroon Lorgat is already outside the country and is working on the new T20 League. The new league will start next year.

"As this will be the last time we play our domestic T20 tournament in its current form we decided not to appoint any title sponsor ahead of the new league we are planning for next year," Clive Eksteen, CSA's Head of Commercial and Marketing, said through a media release.

The tournament will go on for more than a month - beginning on November 12 and stretching on till December 16.

A majority of the big players will miss out on the first half of the tournament, with the South African Test team playing three games in Australia. However, they will join their respective squads after the third Test (Nov 24-28) in Adelaide.

CSA domestic T20 tournament to go ahead sans sponsor - Cricbuzz

Sai Laxman said:
@rahul bro -- Already old thread there bro -- Link Removed

sorry bro, I search using CSA T20 challenge so I didn't found the thread rather than Ram Slam so I posted the thread.

Back
Top Bottom