Coyle hoping for Sturridge return

Reaction score
Owen Coyle hopes his friendship with Chelsea's Andre Villas-Boas will help to bring Daniel Sturridge back to Bolton Wanderers.

Coyle became friends with Villas-Boas after the pair took their Pro Licence coaching course together and he is ready to ask the Portuguese if he will loan out Sturridge next season.

The England Under-21 striker impressed during a loan spell at the Reebok Stadium last season, scoring eight goals in 12 Barclays Premier League appearances.

Coyle has previously confirmed his desire to take Sturridge back to the club and he is ready to ask Villas-Boas if he would allow to him leave Stamford Bridge on a temporary basis.

"We have had dialogue," said Coyle. "But when you come into a club, you have got to look at the whole picture and not make pre-judgements. I have told him to settle in and have a look and then we will have a chat.

"He [Villas-Boas] is a terrific lad, I got on very well with him.

"We did our Pro Licence together for the best part of two years. We all took to him, he is a likeable guy and very humble.

"Daniel did very well for us last season. We'll have to wait and see whether anything happens."

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2387132,00.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock