Discussion Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic

5th april ,sunday, at 9 pm, keep all light off in house, stand at balcony , keep candle , torch , mobile flash light On for 9 minute : Modi

It will able to break the corona Chain : Modi
Now what kind of superstition is this ?o_O:huh:
It is not a superstition, but a traditonal belief. From ages it is a believed by the people of this country that Samuhik Sankalp(collective wish) or Samuhik Prarthana (collective prayer) will have a bearing effect. Centuries ago when menfolk were preparing to go for a war, people used light diyas(earthern lamps) wishing them a victory.
We still can see such practices in our country when our Cricket team is going for a world cup, people collectively pray in temples, churches and masjids for their victory.

People liked italy singing from balconies because it was spontaneous...and from their hearts...govt didnt tell them to do so. It's as if indians need to be told to show solidarity...like children. Anyway its harmless, saves energy as well..so might as well do it. PM says one thing, but the it cell converts into psedoscientific mumbo jumbo.Also, pls don't become so hostile that you bring 'secularism' or whatever to discussions that doesn't need it.

When people of Italy, China and other foreign nations did it in similar way, people liked it, but If we do it we become mad ???

Is this what ur saying???
Government in this country didn't guide them to do it. People did out of goodwill.
I don't think there is shortage of power as most of the industries are shut down and even most offices are closed. This is not related to load shedding. Whatever, this is a bad move by Modi as people won't wag their tails all the time for his gimmicks.
Oh really! I don't have inverter at home. We never faced so power outtage. Power goes off every five minutes than comes back.

As much as I would like to part in a community event. Or as much as I love my environment. I strongly discourage from using this power off. There can always be some stupid ground level staff. Turning off power supplies of hospitals. We have seen stupidity during Janata Curfew. Forget about people coming out. I have witness administration playing "War Sirens." Which is not good. Naive citizens in future might get confuse and suffer. This is coming from the guy who urged people to turn off lights during Earth hour.

And if you like and respect Modi Ji. Don't unnecessarily waste power. I don't. Only during Diwali we use special lights. Throughout the year I don't even use a fancy lamp.

Seeking Help - Earth Hour - Turn off your lights for an hour

I shall keep my power off on 5th April - 9 minutes as P.M. said and 1 extra minute from my side. Total -10 Minutes. I already have candles in my home. I shall lit them. I shall fully charge my mobile prior to that and also switch on my mobile flashlight. During those 10 minutes I shall neither consume any water or eatables nor I shall go to washroom. I shall also not sit. I shall follow what my honourable P.M. said today. We are Indians and we shall fight the battle together.

Neither I want to hurt anyone's sentiment nor I am in favor of anyone .
I don't understand How lighting candle will give us positivity and that too at 9 pm. I was expecting some strict action against those who are not ready to abide by the Lock Down . I was hoping for military employment for those goons .
Just why I said that.
Anyway I am always with My PM. will do whatever good for our country.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock