CafePress Data Breach

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 705
It's not possible to get hacked during data breach if we login through social media accounts?

It's not possible to get hacked during data breach if we login through social media accounts?
Depends on how their system stores your social media account login creditials. If it generates a token and updates it with every social login then you are safe. If it takes your social media password and stores it in their own database then it can be very dangerous.

Depends on how their system stores your social media account login creditials. If it generates a token and updates it with every social login then you are safe. If it takes your social media password and stores it in their own database then it can be very dangerous.
They can store social media passwords :ouch: How? While logging in they only take permissions to read data like name, age, gender, etc.

They can store social media passwords :ouch: How? While logging in they only take permissions to read data like name, age, gender, etc.
No idea, i don't know. Just made a wild guess. Social sites may not be sharing the passwords at all but at few instances i have seen mention of they have access to your password written on account bridge page hence told.

Also, most of the sites have passwords stores in hashed (encrypted) format. So if anyday it gets hacked, the one who get access have to decrypt it. If it is very complex then you are still safe. During 90s all sites even large ones were storing passwords in plain text. If you look into database the password will show up. It was a terrible act. How can you trust even the officials in this matter! Now a lot better comparing to that.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock