• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1
  • Views Views: Views 1,111

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
BHUBANESWAR: Panic gripped the Capital Law College campus here on Wednesday after unidentified miscreants lobbed crude bombs near the principal's office. While nobody was injured in the explosion, police attributed the act to mischief by some students in the run-up to the October 19 students' union election.

Police said total three bombs of low intensity were hurled. "While two bombs fell on vacant land behind the college, one hit very close the principal's office in the front side of the building. Forensic experts have collected remnants of the exploded bombs," said inspector of Nayapally police station, Anup Kanungo. Prima facie, police said the bombs were hurled from rooftop of the two-storey college.

"We suspect the involvement of some students of the institute behind the crime," the inspector said. College principal Nandini Mishra said: "Police are investigating into it. We may cancel the election if the students resort to violence on campus." Presidential aspirants indulged in mudslinging after the incident.

"The bombs were hurled by my rivals. They want to resort to violence and create panic among students," said Sangram Keshari, a final year student, vying for president's post. "My opponents are apprehensive of losing the election. They want to disrupt the election process by creating violence. I believe in peaceful polls," said Prasanna Kumar Martha, another presidential aspirant.

Total three candidates are contesting for the president's post in the college. The incident came close on the heels of the tension at College of Basic Science and Humanities here on Monday. A presidential candidate accused his rival of kidnapping his father to force him step out of the forthcoming elections.

Bombs hurled at Bhubaneswar Law college - The Times of India

LoL @ the election scenario.
I am a part of the election campaign at several colleges, and we never participate in such unruly activities. Damn those trying to disrupt elections...

Back
Top Bottom