Seeking Help Black screen on Zorin OS

• Thread starter Thread starter Shark
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11
  • Views Views: Views 657

Shark

Solutions
Reaction score
Yesterday I updated my Zorin OS and then facing some problems like black screen and screen flickering. No problem with laptop display because windows 10 working fine on Dual boot.

What GPU? Nvidia? Try updating drivers? Which GPU model exactly?

I believe Zorin keeps updating kernel so GPU drivers may be out of date (not compatible) with latest kernel or something like that, especially nvidia.

BTW, any reason why you chose Zorin? It looks kool but I'm not a fan...

Have you tried something like neon.kde.org or elementary.io ? (Both also ubuntu-based and pretty nice, they are my favourite distros)

PS: elementary.io download asks for money but you can click "custom" and enter zero to get download link without having to pay anything.

What GPU? Nvidia? Try updating drivers? Which GPU model exactly?

I believe Zorin keeps updating kernel so GPU drivers may be out of date (not compatible) with latest kernel or something like that, especially nvidia.

BTW, any reason why you chose Zorin? It looks kool but I'm not a fan...

Have you tried something like neon.kde.org or elementary.io ? (Both also ubuntu-based and pretty nice, they are my favourite distros)

PS: elementary.io download asks for money but you can click "custom" and enter zero to get download link without having to pay anything.
AMD Integrated. I not done any major os upgraded. It's just a software update for all apps installed on Zorin OS.

There is no specific reason of choosing Zorin. Just seen reviews on YouTube and downloaded. In past I tried many Linux like Mint, Lite, Manjaro, Chrome OS, Chrome flex, Fyde, Bodhi, Puppy and many Android OS like Prime, Bliss, Phoenix and Android x86. Currently using Zorin OS from last 3 months.

Problem Solved
@vishalrao bro, You are rights
its a kernel problem
Steps: In Grub menu, selected Advanced options for Zorin
then clicked on lower kernel

@Shark so did you find a solution yet?
Problem Solved
@vishalrao bro, You are rights
its a kernel problem
Steps: In Grub menu, selected Advanced options for Zorin
then clicked on lower kernel
Above solution is working but I am not able to set this kernel as default
I tried terminal method and Grub Customizer method. But not working any. After all when I directly boot to Zorin, it showing black screen.

BTW have you tried searching Zorin forums here: Zorin Forum ??? Or ask there also, I'm sure there's a way to avoid updating to latest kernels which breaks nvidia drivers.

Tried many tricks, but problem not solved. Now I am moved to Elementary os.

Back
Top Bottom