Black color portable Airtel AirFiber device

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 19
  • Views Views: Views 1,644
It will affect 4G users further. Wherever Airtel has deployed 5G, band 3 and band 40 speeds have deteriorated for 4G. Without 5G deployed on any site, band 3(20Mhz) is achieving 200Mbps in Maharashtra circle.

Airtel will eventually have to buy 600Mhz really soon. Instead of deploying band 3/1 for 5G through DSS. Make Band 40 SA 5G along with N78. It will help Airtel a lot.
Airtel was not bid for costly band28 (700 Mhz). They have already preplan to use mid band spectrum with DSS for 5G to reduce spectrum costs.

What do you mean by full plan?
I think I did a typo :) I meant to say, that if the Airfiber Device has some preference or priority in the 5G Network and gives full speed according to the plan even during peak or congested hours, then it would be a good Option.

Though I get around 300 mpbs speed at my home, but some of my friends who live in little congested areas, get 8-10 mbps 5G speeds while the network Strength on mobile is 100 Percent

I think I did a typo :) I meant to say, that if the Airfiber Device has some preference or priority in the 5G Network and gives full speed according to the plan even during peak or congested hours, then it would be a good Option.

Though I get around 300 mpbs speed at my home, but some of my friends who live in little congested areas, get 8-10 mbps 5G speeds while the network Strength on mobile is 100 Percent
Ok

Second para makes me confused.

It will affect 4G users further. Wherever Airtel has deployed 5G, band 3 and band 40 speeds have deteriorated for 4G. Without 5G deployed on any site, band 3(20Mhz) is achieving 200Mbps in Maharashtra circle.

Airtel will eventually have to buy 600Mhz really soon. Instead of deploying band 3/1 for 5G through DSS. Make Band 40 SA 5G along with N78. It will help Airtel a lot.
But Airtel bets on midband DSS (b1 & b3) only with 20 to 30 Mhz bandwidth for 5G indoor coverage.

But Airtel bets on midband DSS (b1 & b3) only with 20 to 30 Mhz bandwidth for 5G indoor coverage.
Are you talking about total bandwidth as 30Mhz? Airtel should have bought more band 3 spectrum in current auction, if they want to do what you have said.

Airtel should have bought band 1/band 3 spectrum in Mumbai-Delhi-Kolkata-Andhra-UPE-Orissa-Gujarat circles(according to their strategy).

That's really bad move in my opinion. Such tactics won't work always in Airtel favour. Airtel just need to focus on moving N78+N40 to SA first. Then buy 600Mhz from auction which will happen in 2026.

Last edited:
Are you talking about total bandwidth as 30Mhz? Airtel should have bought more band 3 spectrum in current auction, if they want to do what you have said.

Airtel should have bought band 1/band 3 spectrum in Mumbai-Delhi-Kolkata-Andhra-UPE-Orissa-Gujarat circles(according to their strategy).

That's really bad move in my opinion. Such tactics won't work always in Airtel favour. Airtel just need to focus on moving N78+N40 to SA first. Then buy 600Mhz from auction which will happen in 2026.
Airtel have 20 mhz in b3 & 10 mhz in b1 (most of the circles), they launched 40 mbps & 100 mbps speed plans (base plans) only for Airfiber, so they can manage 5G SA with DSS in b1&b3 for indoor connectivity.

Last edited:
Airtel have 20 mhz in b3 & 10 mhz in b1 (most of the circles), they launched 40 mbps & 100 mbps speed plans (base plans) only for Airfiber, so they can manage 5G SA with DSS in b1&b3 for indoor connectivity.
They have very less in Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata from which Delhi and Kolkata where Vi is weak. Vi has not deployed band 41 in Kolkata and Delhi, that's why there is not enough capacity. Even though Vi was strong in Mumbai circle, Airtel was weak since starting as only 5Mhz band 1/8, 15Mhz of band 3 and 30Mhz of band 40(Airtel should have bought 10Mhz in band 40 in 2021 auction itself). Airtel should have band 3 20Mhz and band 1 10-20Mhz in these circles if they had in mind whatever your said. Now it's too late. But Airtel has one advantage now, in prepaid voice only calls are cheaper at 1999 and in Jio it's costlier I believe. Also, Airtel has higher postpaid customers also Airtel FTTH service is top notch(I mean pings and customer service, better than Airtel). So Airtel needs better bandwidth. Vi customers will come on Airtel postpaid at any time. People have came from Vi to Airtel postpaid and moved to Jio because of better 4G in Mumbai. Because Jio has 40Mhz of band 40/15Mhz of band 5. Better voice quality. Airtel also has very less band 1 in Mumbai. And it never latches on band 1 in Mumbai. So it affects 30Mhz of band 40. It's simply not enough. Same in Kolkata(I guess no band 1 possible) and Delhi. Very poor spectrum portfolio in these circles. Delhi has Excitel so growth in FTTH segment is not possible that much, so atleast focus on mobile segment, that also they are not doing.

They have very less in Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata from which Delhi and Kolkata where Vi is weak. Vi has not deployed band 41 in Kolkata and Delhi, that's why there is not enough capacity. Even though Vi was strong in Mumbai circle, Airtel was weak since starting as only 5Mhz band 1/8, 15Mhz of band 3 and 30Mhz of band 40(Airtel should have bought 10Mhz in band 40 in 2021 auction itself). Airtel should have band 3 20Mhz and band 1 10-20Mhz in these circles if they had in mind whatever your said. Now it's too late. But Airtel has one advantage now, in prepaid voice only calls are cheaper at 1999 and in Jio it's costlier I believe. Also, Airtel has higher postpaid customers also Airtel FTTH service is top notch(I mean pings and customer service, better than Airtel). So Airtel needs better bandwidth. Vi customers will come on Airtel postpaid at any time. People have came from Vi to Airtel postpaid and moved to Jio because of better 4G in Mumbai. Because Jio has 40Mhz of band 40/15Mhz of band 5. Better voice quality. Airtel also has very less band 1 in Mumbai. And it never latches on band 1 in Mumbai. So it affects 30Mhz of band 40. It's simply not enough. Same in Kolkata(I guess no band 1 possible) and Delhi. Very poor spectrum portfolio in these circles. Delhi has Excitel so growth in FTTH segment is not possible that much, so atleast focus on mobile segment, that also they are not doing.
Actually Airfiber meant for semi-urban/rural areas, not for density cities with high rise buildings.

did not jio also show a stand alone unit last year? i wish jio also launched a similar device for air fiber

Back
Top Bottom