• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 976

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Concept of on-demand grocery delivery was a rage amongst startups in India during the 2014-17 period. Many players including BigBasket, Grofers, PepperTap, and Localbanya were centered around on-demand grocery. It also helped them raise a large amount of venture capitalist money.

But the concept of on-demand grocery is almost dead. Grofers had pivoted from 90 minutes delivery almost two years ago while Localbanya and Peppertap wounded up operations long back. Now, BigBasket also appears to be done with its feature called ‘Express Delivery’.

Exclusive: BigBasket shuts down on demand service in NCR, Mumbai and other cities

Edit: On-demand service now only operation on Bangalore, their main operations center.

Last edited:
But Amazon now is still giving same day delivery in some states..
I used it 3 days ago..

But Amazon now is still giving same day delivery in some states..
Same day delivery and next day delivery is also provided by BigBasket. They only discontinued their 90 minutes delivery which no one else was giving currently other than them. They had no competitors for it and it was loss for them so shutting it was more profitable.

Same day delivery and next day delivery is also provided by BigBasket. They only discontinued their 90 minutes delivery which no one else was giving currently other than them. They had no competitors for it and it was loss for them so shutting it was more profitable.
But I got my delivery in 50-60 minutes so I thought Amazon now is also providing this feature. I am sorry If I am wrong:blush2:

But I got my delivery in 50-60 minutes so I thought Amazon now is also providing this feature. I am sorry If I am wrong:blush2:
The product you ordered might have came from your nearest warehouse. BigBasket's Express Delivery service was covering just everything and everytime within 90 mins.

Order same thing again from Amazon, you may get it after 6 hours. That said they do not have 50 or 90 mins delivery but just deliver as quickly as they can.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock