BCCI requests ECB to bear expenses on India tour

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has requested the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) to bear the expenses of their team's 'travel, hotel accommodation and other arrangements' on the upcoming five-Test tour, due to start in Rajkot on Friday (November 9).

In a letter addressed to Phil Neal, the England cricket team manager, BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke explained the board's legal complications and their inability to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) due to lack of directives from the Supreme Court-appointed Lodha Committee, Indian Express reported on Friday (November 4).

"Dear Phil, I warmly welcome you for the upcoming cricket series. I am however at great pains to inform you that the BCCI is at present not in a position to execute the MoU between the Indian Cricket Board and the ECB. This is due to restrictions on execution of contracts imposed on the BCCI by a Court order," Shirke wrote.

The Lodha panel clearly stated on Thursday, that BCCI will need to furnish 'relevant details' with respect to implementation of the Lodha reforms for them to be able to make any payments.

"A committee has been appointed that is also to oversee financial transactions of the BCCI," Shirke said. "The BCCI has referred this issue to the committee appointed by the Supreme Court on 28.10.2016 itself and sought urgent permission for execution of the MoU. Thereafter I have also sent the hon'ble committee a request again today. However, the Committee while seeking further details a short while ago earlier today, has not yet granted us this permission," Shirke said, before writing to Neal.

"Certain courtesies such as hotel, travel and various other arrangements have been extended to you on arrival of the team in India. However, till the MoU is executed, the BCCI is not in a position to commit to paying for the same. Please make arrangements to remit such payments. The BCCI will inform you as and when further instructions are received by the BCCI from the Lodha Committee," the letter read.

"I apologise on behalf of the BCCI for inconvenience that is being caused," Shirke added.

BCCI requests ECB to bear expenses on India tour - Cricbuzz

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock