BCCI has lost face, Ganguly could be an apt BCCI head, says Sunil Gavaskar

• Thread starter Thread starter Optimus_Prime
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 2
  • Views Views: Views 613

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
Former Indian skipper and batting legend Sunil Gavaskar has said that the entire episode around the BCCI and the Supreme Court has only tarnished the reputation of the Indian Board.
"The BCCI has lost face internationally after this entire saga," Gavaskar told to NDTV.
He also added that Indian cricket could now be stepping into a new era. The former legend sounded optimistic about the future as he believed that the participation of players in administration bodes well for Indian cricket.
When asked to name one cricketer who could take the board forward, Gavaskar was quick to name former Indian captain, Sourav Ganguly.
"BCCI has got a very good bench strength to take up the bigger rolls and one name that comes to my mind is Sourav Ganguly," Gavaskar said.
The former batting maestro spoke about the 1999-2000 match-fixing scenario and the role Ganguly played in bringing the team together as a captain.
"Remember, in 1999-2000 when Indian cricket was gripped by the match-fixing saga, Ganguly was given the Indian team captaincy and he turned it around," the Mumbai maestro added.

SK News Point-Live Cricket News-2nd January 2017

Plz add source @op in ur updates .. I think nowdays itz ur repeated error ..

Sai Laxman said:
Plz add source @op in ur updates .. I think nowdays itz ur repeated error ..

U r there to rectify all the times That's Y u r elder bro...:shy :shy :shy

Back
Top Bottom