• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 9
  • Views: Views 1,216

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Around 400,000 bank employees throughout the country are set to strike on September 26-27 to protest against the merger of public sector banks.

Speaking to ANI, secretary of All India Bank Officers' Confederation's (AIBOC) state unit R Sekaran, said: "From September 26 to 27, four organisations representing four lakh [400,000] officers throughout the country will go on strike. We are opposing the merger of public sector banks as it is against the general public." Accusing the Central government of taking unilateral action, Sekaran said the Central government has not consulted the banking personnel and the general public before making the decisions.

India: 400,000 bank employees to strike on September 26

Demands include 5 day week in full, reduction in cash transaction hours, adequate recruitment, Scrapping NPS, reduction of service charges for consumers and harassing of officers under specious plea of non-performance.

They said to go for indefinite strike from second week of November.

State-Run Bank Employees To Go On Strike On September 26, 27: Here's All You Need To Know

BTW when no one listens then strike is the only option just like poor farmers our bank employees are also forced to do so.

BTW when no one listens then strike is the only option just like poor farmers our bank employees are also forced to do so.
These protest doesn't have any affect on online banking. Right?

Demands include 5 day week in full, reduction in cash transaction hours, adequate recruitment, Scrapping NPS, reduction of service charges for consumers and harassing of officers under specious plea of non-performance.

They said to go for indefinite strike from second week of November.

State-Run Bank Employees To Go On Strike On September 26, 27: Here's All You Need To Know

Bro Are The Strike demands
1.5 Day week in full : Do they want All Saturdays as holidays in a month.ie 4 Saturdays+4 Sundays=8 Days in a Month. A full week is gone in holidays.Why?
2.Reduction in Transaction Cash Hours: Already Banks are operating from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm / 4:00 pm.That is not even a 9 to 5 Hours. Are they becoming more lazy.

According to me if they want all 5 day a week then the Cash Transactions Hours should be from 9 to 5 hrs.
I am totally against merging of banks.But the Strike Demand should be reasonable.

Last edited:
Bank Strike Deferred Indefinitely; Govt Panel To Look Into Issues Of Merger

The nationwide two-day strike called by four public sector bank unions has been deferred indefinitely. A statement to this effect was issued by the unions after their representatives met Union Finance Secretary Rajiv Kumar in New Delhi on Monday.

Bank strike deferred indefinitely; govt panel to look into issues of merger, pay

Bro Are The Strike demands
1.5 Day week in full : Do they want All Saturdays as holidays in a month.ie 4 Saturdays+4 Sundays=8 Days in a Month. A full week is gone in holidays.Why?
2.Reduction in Transaction Cash Hours: Already Banks are operating from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm and 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm / 4:00 pm.That is not even a 9 to 5 Hours. Are they becoming more lazy.

According to me if they want all 5 day a week then the Cash Transactions Hours should be from 9 to 5 hrs.
I am totally against merging of banks.But the Strike Demand should be reasonable.
I totally agree 👍👍👍
After few years they will call another strike and demand 4 working days in a week.
Kick half of the employees from all these banks. Install cash deposit machine and Passbook update and cheque deposit machine on all branch(like SBI). In this way bank will save Lacs of yearly salary of few employees.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock