#BanChineseProducts campaign registers major victory: Oppo and Vivo adopt 'Make in In

santosh

Banned
Reaction score
It now seems that the #BanChineseProducts social media campaign that went viral in a big way has claimed its maiden victory with Chinese smartphone brands Oppo and Vivo expressing their willingness to be a part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Make in India initiative. Oppo and Vivo will be investing on building manufacturing plants in India. These manufacturing units will come in Uttar Pradesh, at a cost of Rs 4,000 crore.
Oppo and Vivo would set up manufacturing plants in Greater Noida, on spaces allotted by the government of Uttar Pradesh. Here, Oppo alone would invest Rs 2,000 crore both directly and indirectly. Oppo's plant is destined to come up on 200 acres of land; this includes customised employee accommodation, huge factories akin to the company's China model, Economic Times reported.

As far as Vivo is concerned, it would also be allotted 200 acres to build customized and huge manufacturing plants. These would be worth Rs 2,000 crore. Area for the company would be offered in Greater Noida as well.
At this juncture, it makes sense for both Oppo and Vivo to generate at least 1 lakh jobs with their new manufacturing plants. It is also be desirable that these jobs extend beyond the blue-collared sector and extend to the white-collared class.
The latest move, by Oppo and Vivo, follows that of Huawei that also set up a huge manufacturing plant in Chennai. Huawei had also expressed its desire to produce smartphones under the Make in India initiative of the Modi government.

#BanChineseProducts campaign registers major victory: Oppo and Vivo adopt 'Make in India' initiative

If i am not wrong OnePlus phones are also make in India now. As i saw some user got India manufactured OP3 phones.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock