Baby Falak out of danger, may be discharged in week: AIIMS

• Thread starter Thread starter iS THAT ME
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 0
  • Views Views: Views 1,021

iS THAT ME

Reaction score
Baby Falak out of danger, may be discharged in week: AIIMS

NEW DELHI: The two-year-old girl child, who was brought to the AIIMS trauma centre in a battered state two months back, has shown remarkable improvement in her medical condition. Doctors at the hospital said on Friday that the child is 'out of danger' and she might be discharged in a week's time. The baby has been shifted from the ICU to the neurosurgery ward.

"The plasters from her hands have been removed and she is moving her limbs. She cries badly when anyone goes close to her," said Dr Deepak Agarwal, who has been attending on the girl child since she was admitted on January 18. The improvement in the child's condition is no less than a miracle, he added.

"I have never come across a case like this where a two year old child survives two cardiac arrests and severe head injuries. This is a miracle," Agarwal said. We had given up all hopes when she developed infections in the brain, he said. According to the doctors, if the child's condition remains stable for next three to four days, he can be discharged too. "Sadly, we do not have the legal right to discharge her," said a senior doctor.

Moved by Falak's plight, Indians as well people from the US and Canada have approached doctors expressing their desire to adopt her. "We have recieved a lot of mails but we have no right to hand her over to anyone. It all depends on the government to decide for her," said Dr M C Misra, chief of AIIMS trauma centre.

The baby was brought to the hospital with severe head injuries, broken arms and bite marks. Five surgeries were conducted on her to clear the infection from the brain.

-TOI

Back
Top Bottom