Atletico Madrid in Falcao pursuit

• Thread starter BaLaG
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,201

BaLaG

Reaction score
Atletico Madrid chief executive Miguel Angel Gil has revealed the club are attempting to sign Porto striker Radamel Falcao Garcia.

Atletico Madrid are looking to replace Sergio Aguero following his big-money departure to Manchester City and Falcao, who welcomed talk of a move to the Spanish capital earlier this week, is apparently top of their wish list.

Should Madrid secure Falcao's signature, it could set off a series of transfers around Europe, with Gil admitting the Colombian's arrival could trigger Diego Forlan's departure.

Forlan has claimed he has received offers from Inter Milan - who are reportedly preparing for the departure of Samuel Eto'o - and Galatasaray, although Gil told www.FCInter1908.it: "At the moment we are not interested in selling Forlan, since we have already lost Aguero, but we are currently trying to buy Falcao from Porto.

"If we were to close that deal, we would listen to offers for Forlan."

Forlan has long been linked with a move away from the Vicente Calderon and revealed it would be his dream to move to Inter - who could sell Eto'o following a reported offer from Russian big-spenders Anzhi Makhachkala.

"I received an offer from Inter. It would be my dream to go and play in Milan," Forlan said.

"I was also contacted by Galatasaray, which is a great team.

"There is a big difference financially between Turkish football and the rest of Europe.

"Turkey is a beautiful country, and there are beautiful cities like Istanbul. It would be nice to play there one day."

more...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock