Asian Games 2014-India's performance and schedule updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sanjeev
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1
  • Views Views: Views 638

Sanjeev

Reaction score
This thread is been made as India is participating in Asian games so it is all about how will India perform in these games and day to day schedule and performance updates will happen here

Big Honour to Lead India in Asian Games Opening Ceremony: Sardar Singh
SfvvctB.jpg

New Delhi: The honour to carry India's flag in the opening ceremony of 17th Asian Games couldn't have come at a better time for hockey team skipper Sardar Singh, who feels it will not only spur him but the entire squad to break their 16-year gold jinx in the continental event.
Sardar was on Thursday named as the flag-bearer of the Indian contingent for Friday's opening ceremony in Incheon, and the star midfielder said he is already getting goosebumps.
"It is definitely a big moment for me. It is a big honour to lead the nation in the opening ceremony of a multisport event like the Asian Games. Tomorrow (Friday) will definitely be one of the best moments of my career. I am already getting goosebumps," Sardar said from the South Korean city.
Asked if the responsibility would bring added pressure on him, Sardar said: "I don't think there will be any added pressure because it is an off-field activity. But it will definitely motivate me and my teammates to give our best on the field."
"Our mission is to win the gold here and that is what we aspire from this event. We are determined to come back with gold," he said.

Big Honour to Lead India in Asian Games Opening Ceremony: Sardar Singh - Asian Games 2014 News

Back
Top Bottom