• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 13
  • Views Views: Views 1,747

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
If there's one thing you want from your phone, it's probably the assurance that it will make it through the day. There is little more annoying that getting to lunch time and discovering that your battery has already drained to 30 percent. It could be that you battery is not as reliable as it could be, but before you ditch your handset and think about buying a new one, you might want to check whether the apps and games you use could be to blame. AVG has compiled a list of the apps that gobble up the most battery so you know what to avoid. Want to know which apps are killing your battery? AVG reveals all! [COPYRIGHT SIGN] ANDROIDPIT

If you have a Samsung handset – like the Galaxy Note 4 or Galaxy S5 – you'll be disappointed to hear that two of Samsung's own apps are the biggest battery hogs. AllShareCast Dongle and ChatON Voice & Video Chat top the charts, but there are also big names such as Facebook and Path in the top ten. Here's the list in full:

AllShareCast Dongle S/W Update (Samsung)
ChatON Voice & Video Chat (Samsung)
Beaming Service for Beep'n'Go (Moheam)
magicApp: Free Calls (magiclack VocalTec)
Samsung WatchON Tablets
Facebook
Path
PPS for Mobile
Vault-Hide SMS Pics & Videos
Al-Moazin Lite Prayer Times

Of course, it is not just apps that are to blame for battery drain; games are major culprits as well. Among the worst offenders are those from King (Candy Crush Saga and Bubble Witch 2 Saga) and Supercell (Clash of Clans and Hay Day):

Puzzle & Dragons (GungHo Online Entertainment)
Hay Day (Supercell)
Candy Crush Saga (King)
Minecraft – Pocket Edition (Mojang)
Cookie Jam (SGN)
Pet Rescue Saga (King)
Clash of Clans (Supercell)
Bubble Witch 2 Saga (King)
Farm Heroes Saga (King)
Angry Birds (Rovio Mobile)

AVG also looked at the apps which impacted most heavily on device performance, and many of the same names crop up again. Facebook, Spotify and Instagram are just three of the apps that sap performance:

Facebook
Path
9GAG Funny Pics & Videos
Instagram
Spotify Music
BBM (BlackBerry)
QQ (Tencent Technology)
textPlus Free Text & Calls
Wattpad Free Books & Stories
iFunny : )

A fourth top ten list reveals the apps that eat up the most space:

NY Times – Breaking News
Tango Messenger Video & Calls
Spotify Music
Facebook
Chrome Browser
9GAG Funny pics & videos
Instagram
LINE camera – Selfie & Collage
Vine
Talking Angela

Do AVG's findings tally with your own experiences? Have you noticed any other apps or games that are particularly battery-hungry?

http://www.androidpit.com/battery-draining-apps

Install battery booster app & battery back up is good :tup

Re: RE: Android battery killers: the worst apps for your phone

Vicky said:
Install battery booster app & battery back up is good :tup
None of the battery saving apps can save battery without sacrificing the functionality of the phone. They either reduce brightness, turn off network, kill apps (This might eat more battery [emoji3]), and so on.

But my phone is rooted and I use a much advanced app called Greenify. This does save some battery without affecting the functionality.

Vicky said:
Correct bro but i am using battery booster & Clean Master (Speed Booster) app & Install this two app after i have Good battery back up in my samsung galaxy s duos Gt-S7562 & Micromax canvas nitro a310

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cleanmaster.mguard&hl=en

this app will be clean unwanted files means caches,Error :tup
I tried every single app including battery Booster from past 5 years. Even I use clean master to clean up the junk in my phone.

But don't use clean master to kill apps, this will drain battery if not exercised with caution.

I recommend Greenify which is also available for non rooted users, but you need to enable accessibility to that app in order to automate it's functionality. You don't need to do that if you are rooted.

ilikered said:
I tried every single app including battery Booster from past 5 years. Even I use clean master to clean up the junk in my phone.

But don't use clean master to kill apps, this will drain battery if not exercised with caution.

I recommend Greenify which is also available for non rooted users, but you need to enable accessibility to that app in order to automate it's functionality. You don't need to do that if you are rooted.

what means by rooted users bro :huh

Vicky said:
what means by rooted users bro :huh
Rooting will allow you to have full access to your phone without any restrictions. But, you will also lose your warranty as soon as you root your phone. Some manufacturers release developer edition phones with pre-root access. For example, Nexus 5 is also available in developer edition with warranty. Read more below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooting_(Android_OS)

ilikered said:
Rooting will allow you to have full access to your phone without any restrictions. But, you will also lose your warranty as soon as you root your phone. Some manufacturers release developer edition phones with pre-root access. For example, Nexus 5 is also available in developer edition with warranty. Read more below.

Rooting (Android OS) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks Bro & i will try this app

I am using Battery Doctor for my Android phone but its of no use.

Back
Top Bottom