Airtel launches new ₹45 minimum recharge voucher for prepaid users

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 14,307
I had stopped auto-debit, as the number gets retained for 90 days post your last chargeable activity. So in-all, I had got 28 days + 90 days since my last Rs 23 recharge done by me.

Now I am nearing the end of those 90 days. Could anyone tell me, if I can activate any plan pack using my main balance in prepaid account? If so, what is the procedure to do so?

Also, FreeCharge still allows a Rs 23 recharge (does not give any error), but will airtel as an operator accept it? Anyone has done Rs 23 recharge recently?

I had stopped auto-debit, as the number gets retained for 90 days post your last chargeable activity. So in-all, I had got 28 days + 90 days since my last Rs 23 recharge done by me.

Now I am nearing the end of those 90 days. Could anyone tell me, if I can activate any plan pack using my main balance in prepaid account? If so, what is the procedure to do so?

Also, FreeCharge still allows a Rs 23 recharge (does not give any error), but will airtel as an operator accept it? Anyone has done Rs 23 recharge recently?
Not sure about recharge from main balance but AFAIK all operators except bsnl has stopped this.
Also, even if freecharge allows rs 23, it will not be counted as validity extension recharge by airtel. It may be counted as top up. Check my airtel app to be sure.

Airtel stealing money in the name of auto debit Rs 23.
I recharged Rs 49 plan 1 day before the last date 10th jan to get 28 days validity. I thought they removed the Rs 23 plan from the system because when i was trying to deactivate it by dialling *121*777# it was saying "this plan is not available for you.
But on 11th Jan at 1.30AM they auto debited Rs 23 from my main account. I was shocked and call customer care. They transfered the call to higher authority, put on holding about 15 minutes, then they told me i activated it manually 3 months ago (which is true) so it deducted from my main account. I told them why the number *121*777# is not working? They said because the plan is already activated on your number. Then they deactivated the auto debit option from there. But I got only 2 days extra validity because i already recharged Rs 49 2 days ago.

Airtel stealing money in the name of auto debit Rs 23.
I recharged Rs 49 plan 1 day before the last date 10th jan to get 28 days validity. I thought they removed the Rs 23 plan from the system because when i was trying to deactivate it by dialling *121*777# it was saying "this plan is not available for you.
But on 11th Jan at 1.30AM they auto debited Rs 23 from my main account. I was shocked and call customer care. They transfered the call to higher authority, put on holding about 15 minutes, then they told me i activated it manually 3 months ago (which is true) so it deducted from my main account. I told them why the number *121*777# is not working? They said because the plan is already activated on your number. Then they deactivated the auto debit option from there. But I got only 2 days extra validity because i already recharged Rs 49 2 days ago.
If you manually recharged Rs 49 two days before, then why was Rs 23 auto debited in the first place? U may dispute this. "Auto-debit" makes no sense if you are already on an active plan.

@TJ_DJ
Definitely. That's what i thought. But 3 months ago they didn't auto debited my account which was expected to be. My outgoing call stopped after expire the validity. So i had to manually activate it by dialing options from *121#. That time airtel was giving full talktime on Rs 100. But now i recharge 49 per month but existing 23 plan was still active in my number (because i did it manually). But i couldn't deactivate it by myself.

@TJ_DJ
Definitely. That's what i thought. But 3 months ago they didn't auto debited my account which was expected to be. My outgoing call stopped after expire the validity. So i had to manually activate it by dialing options from *121#. That time airtel was giving full talktime on Rs 100. But now i recharge 49 per month but existing 23 plan was still active in my number (because i did it manually). But i couldn't deactivate it by myself.
Agreed that you manually started Auto-Debit again. But the Auto-Debit should happen only if you are not on any active plan. Since you were already on Rs 49 plan (when the auto debit happened) - you may dispute as to why auto debit was done at all.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock