Advice for WWE as it looks to navigate the loss of champion Seth Rollins

Rahulan Raj

Reaction score
WWE finds itself going into the Survivor Series on Nov. 22 in Atlanta down its champion Seth Rollins, who will undergo major reconstructive knee surgery by noted surgeon to the best athletes in the world Dr. James Andrews to repair a blown ACL and MCL.

Rollins is expected to be out approximately nine months, which tells me that he could be a part of a massive return angle in 2016 if it is creatively addressed sooner than later ... thes surgery and rehab goes well.

So whist does WWE do now? It is are going to use a tournament format to determine a new WWE World Champion, where the new champ will be crowed at Survivor Series.

Here are some booking suggestions and criteria from some one with 40 years in the rasslin biz under their belt:

The new champion should be a heel, who is endorsed and supported by The Authority, the antagonist leadership faction that "runs" WWE. The reasoning behind that is the champion will have the chance to get hot between Nov. 22 and April 3, the date of WrestleMania in 2016.

He will defend the title against the winner of the Royal Rumble at WrestleMania. My suggestion is to use Roman Reigns, or another up-and-coming younger talent, as a villain "Corporate Champion" and attachd the rocket ship to him to heat him up for the Rumble winner, Brock Lesnar.

So, The Authority is stuck with Lesnar as the hellbent, monster contender challenging for the WWE Title on the biggest night of the year before likely 100,000-plus at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys.

This is where The Authority spreads its wings and creates an environment where Lesnar has an uphill challenge, that he must win the title in Texas or his championship match days -- and therefore the big money days -- are over for both Lesnar and his advocate Paul Heyman.

This would make the main event at WM32 a "must win" for Lesnar. I would, as The Authority make Lesnar the No. 1 entrant in the Rumble match and make him go coast to coast to win the Rumble and then pile more roadblocks perhaps in the form of a special referee, etc., at Mania.
In essence, for my money, WWE needs to decide on their WrestleMania main event and then orchestrate the tournament to fit their needs for Texas.

Another theory is comparable to a 16-seed in the NCAA March Madness hoops tournament getting hot at the right time, getting unforeseen breaks and somehow, someway surviving all the corporate challenges to navigate the tourney and win it in a massive upset. Perhaps someone like Samoa Joe or Finn Balor could sneak in the tournament and win the damn thing.

There are lots of right ways to accomplish what the WWE needs now and it will be must-see TV for WWE fans to see what they drop on their audience come Monday night. There is zero room for error, and let's hope that all the top stars are in the tournament as this is not the time to "protect" talent especially by utilized unemotional, non-finish, finishes. No one gets "killed" losing to another top wrestler's finish.

My theory hangs it's black hat on the fact that fans will pay to see Lesnar attempt to overcome all the odds in his last shot at the title to take out the corporate champ when the odds are definitely against Lesnar and his advocate Heyman. This would be especially true on the go home Raw leading into WrestleMania when The Authority books Lesnar in a rare. RAW match, which is set up to maim and debilitate Brock six days before the big event in Arlington, Texas.

Seth Rollins is out with a knee injury. Jim Ross says this is the perfect time to plan for WrestleMania | FOX Sports

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock