Aaron Phangiso's bowling action cleared

• Thread starter Thread starter ABCDEFGH
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1
  • Views Views: Views 471

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Aaron Phangiso's bowling action cleared

The bowling action of Aaron Phangiso, the South African left-arm spinner, has been cleared and the suspension imposed on him a little over a week ago has been lifted with immediate effect.

Last week, Phangiso had been suspended from bowling in domestic cricket following the independent test results on his bowling action which found him to be exceeding the 15-degree permissible level on all his deliveries.

However, his remedied bowling action was re-assessed on Monday (March 7) and results showed that all his deliveries were within the parameters as laid down by the International (ICC) regulation.

"It's a huge relief to be cleared and to have my bowling action passed, it has been a tough and challenging few weeks for me," Phangiso said, expressing his relief at the latest development. He also went on to thank the cricket board for their support and reiterated that his focus was entirely on the T20 WC in India.

"Many thanks to Cricket South Africa and the Proteas management for their support and for giving me the best opportunity of making it to India for the T20 WC. In saying that, I'd really like to use the next few days ahead of the tournament to gain playing confidence, especially with some of the technical adjustments we have made to my action. My focus is on the World Cup and I'd really like to head into the competition with good form and confidence."

Russell Domingo, South Africa's head coach, was also elated with the clearance but resisted the temptation of fielding him in the third and final Twenty20 International (T20I) against Australia on Thursday.
"We are really happy and relieved that Aaron has passed his re-test and he can now ready himself for the big tournament ahead," Domingo said.

"I said at the beginning of the series that we wanted to give everyone in the squad an opportunity to play and while it is tempting to play him tomorrow, both Aaron and I feel it's best that he takes a little more time to work on and gain confidence with his new adjustments.

"We have an important few weeks coming up in India so it's going to be important to have him in the right frame of mind both mentally and physically," he added.
South Africa will face India in a warm-up tie at the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai on March 12 and a local team at the Brabourne stadium on March 15 before starting their tournament proper campaign against England on March 18.

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/78500/aaron-phangisos-bowling-action-cleared

Back
Top Bottom