• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 913

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
NEW DELHI: An autorickshaw driver was killed when a 17-year-old boy, on a joyride with two friends in a Maruti Ciaz sedan, rammed into the threewheeler at the intersection of Tolstoy Marg and Kasturba Gandhi Marg early on Thursday morning. The car, registered with a company in east Delhi, is owned by the accused teenager’s uncle, a teacher at a private school. Two occupants of the car were also injured.
Witnesses say that the sedan, probably being driven at more than 100kmph, shot past the traffic signal, which was in blinker mode, and rammed the auto from the side, causing it to flip twice and land on the other side of the road. The auto driver, Shiv Shankar Mehto, was thrown out, his body hitting the footpath.

The incident occurred around 5.40am when the auto-driver, Shiv Shankar Mehto (65), was on his way back home to the DDA flats on Mata Sundari Road from a CNG pump on Janpath.

Delhi: 17-year-old rams car into auto, killing its driver - Times of India

Last edited:
I saw articles on local newspapers here in Hyderabad that Traffic police are arresting owners of vehicles if they catch minors driving vehicles.
I think this is good initiative and should be considered strictly to discourage minors from driving.

Here is link to news: 55 fathers get jailed for minor children’s vehicle driving in Hyderabad
Last year parliament amended 1988 motor vehicle act and added this provision along with few more like if a minor drives vehicle and kill person , his guardian will pay 3lakh reimbursement

Last year parliament amended 1988 motor vehicle act and added this provision along with few more like if a minor drives vehicle and kill person , his guardian will pay 3lakh reimbursement

That amount should be 30 lakh. If someone dies, interest of 3 lakh will not be enough for his family to spend whole months

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock