Seeking Help Is it possible to upgrade Android OS of TV

• Thread starter SATFAN
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3
  • Views: Views 445

SATFAN

Contributor
Reaction score
Friends,is it possible to upgrade Android OS of TV?
Mine is Onida Smart TV with Android 4.4.
Onida replied to my mail ,they are not providing any OS Update. TV is good and working fine for the past few years. No issues. Hence not looking for exchange or buy new one.

Do you think upgrading the Android OS alone will do wonders for your TV? What about the hardware? Will that old SoC, RAM and other stuff handle the latest version of android smoothly?

I would rather recommend using a Fire TV stick, chrome cast or an android box. You said the TV is working fine so instead of spending 20-30k even on a decent mid range TV, you can get a streaming device for 3-5k. By this way, you can save a lot of time and hardwork and need not go through the hassle of bricking and unbricking the TV.

Do you think upgrading the Android OS alone will do wonders for your TV? What about the hardware? Will that old SoC, RAM and other stuff handle the latest version of android smoothly?

I would rather recommend using a Fire TV stick, chrome cast or an android box. You said the TV is working fine so instead of spending 20-30k even on a decent mid range TV, you can get a streaming device for 3-5k. By this way, you can save a lot of time and hardwork and need not go through the hassle of bricking and unbricking the TV.
Thanks bro. Technically , iam not that much sound on TV hardware & softwares.

Using Jio fiber and thought of trying Jio TV+ in TV.

I have old Onida smart tv....used FTS 4k and Mi Box 4k.... working great...
Me too asked for OS update but got same reply...
Actually no need of it...
U can buy FTS 4K and can install jio+ tv on that ....

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock