Discussion Suggest me a 125 cc Scooter.

Sumit05

Reaction score
Want to replace my 10 year old Tvs Jupiter 110 with a new 125 scooter.
So suggest which one to buy TVS Jupiter 125 or Honda Activa 125.

@Sumit05 - kindly share your expectations from new 125cc scooty.

Like good mileage, comfortable, durability, service....etc

Always go for Honda, you went for TVS that's why you are thinking of replacement,Honda engines are more durable,just replace oil every 3000 KM and service every 6000 KM they will run for 15 years, more than lac KMs without fail.my 110 cc Honda scooter took in 2015 engine condition just like new even covered 40000 KM,silent engine,same mileage(50km/litre) years after years all others like yamaha and suzuki are struggling in market for 10-15 years they will launch new new model and after 5 years you will not get spares for your vehicle.See the recent sales numbers what is selling best in India in scooters https://www.financialexpress.com/au...b-activa-jupiter-access-ola-s1-ntorq/3433751/

Last edited:
Consider environment. Go for ev. Go for aether or Ola.
It's not like our power is from 100% renewable sources... We are still dependent on coal for power generation. So, either way you are contributing to the pollution. Also, the initial carbon footprint for EVs interms of rare earth metals mining and purifying are very high in comparison to the ICE ones. So, atleast untill the dependency on coal for power production is reduced or we have our solar setup, i don't think environmental impact is less by using EVs at all.

Go for hero destiny.
Activa is good but mileage is less and combo breaking is poor.

It's not like our power is from 100% renewable sources... We are still dependent on coal for power generation. So, either way you are contributing to the pollution. Also, the initial carbon footprint for EVs interms of rare earth metals mining and purifying are very high in comparison to the ICE ones. So, atleast untill the dependency on coal for power production is reduced or we have our solar setup, i don't think environmental impact is less by using EVs at all.
OFF TOPIC I can say we can do our bit by not polluting the environment by going for electric scooter. But from the other side these are costly proposition with the charging infrastructure not keeping pace with the current requirements. With the new EY policy and FAME 2 Fiasco with the recoveries from the government against the companies it will take a substantial period when EV becomes common. I hope EV takes prevalence as dependence on coal and petrol with geopolitical tensions it will be a headache for India. With regards to scooter I guess Yamaha Fascino is a good choice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock