• Replies: Replies 671
  • Views: Views 116,545
Since last 3 months NetFlix dominance in OTT

Animal
Salaar
Guntur Karaam
Now Dunki

FuIh2J5.jpg

Best android browser to stream content like Apple TV+. I don't want to use Chrome. The way it sorts tab is weird. Firefox has depressing UI. Any alternative to these two?

According to JioCinema, the word 'fiancée' is so bad that it had to be censored

Watch-Chicago-Med-Season-5-Episode-5-Got-A-Friend-In-Me-Watch-Full-Episode-Online-HD-On-Jio-Cinema.png

IMO, In India, censorship is least obtrusive in movie theaters (Hollywood movies that are certified as 'Adults Only' specifically due to language or/and violence). Movies used to be heavily censored for language before (around 10 years back?). From what I have experienced in Chennai theaters, they are a bit lenient now for adult certified Hollywood movies.

Then comes OTTs like Netflix/Prime/Hotstar/SonyLiv/Zee5, where the censorship is neither here nor there. They try to get away with what they can unless there is widespread commotion in the media (tv or online or print) about a particular content. But still, I guess these OTTs' content are more censored than the theaters when it comes to the same movies that were already released theatrically in India, right?

Then comes the worst tier, which is linear TV channels, Jio's Internet (both mobile & broadband), and now Jio Cinema. Jio's Internet blocks some websites in comparison to Airtel (especially on broadband).

So from what you are saying, Jio Cinema is following the same excessive censorship as their Internet. Is this because of their perceived closeness with the current union government? (I am not sure, just guessing).

FWIW, I wonder if more of the same censorship would now be pushed on to all existing & new content on Hotstar (now that Jio & Star India are one and the same) 🙁

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock