Zaheer Khan emerges as front-runner to become India's bowling coach: Reports

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
If reports are to believed, former India pacer Zaheer Khan is likely to join Anil Kumble as the bowling coach of the national team.

According to media reports, India head coach Kumble is looking for an experienced Indian bowler, who knows how to inspire youngsters.

And Zaheer, 37, might just be the right person to help the Indian pacers. His splendid leadership acumen was at full display at the recently concluded Indian Premier League (IPL) 2016 with Delhi Daredevils.

Sourav Ganguly, who is one the members of the Cricket Advisory Committee, which selected Kumble as Indian coach, told circleofcricket.co that it's up to the spin legend and the BCCI to select assistant coaches.

“I have no knowledge about the availability of Zaheer as the likely candidate. It is up to the BCCI to decide on the final name and the fact if Zaheer will be available all throughout the year,” former India captain was reported as saying.

"It is Anil's prerogative. Since he is a bowler, maybe, he did not appoint a bowling coach. I also have read in the newspapers that he may rope in pace bowling coach later. Let me stress that Sachin and Laxman have no role in appointing Anil's assistant coaches," Ganguly added.

Regarded as one of India's greatest pacers, Zaheer played 92 Test and 200 ODI matches, taking 311 and 282 wickets respectively in a celebrated career.

He was one of the Wisden Cricketers of the Year in 2008, and retired from international cricket in October 2015.

Zaheer Khan emerges as front-runner to become India's bowling coach: Reports | Zee News

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock