YouTube will kill 30-seconds unskippable ads in 2018

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
YouTube’s most irritating 30-seconds unskippable ad format will go away next year. Google told the Campaign in a statement that it will kill this ad format in 2018. The video service will instead introduce more frequent six-second unskippable ads starting next year.

A YouTube spokesperson told the Campaign,
We’re committed to providing a better ads experience for users online. As part of that, we’ve decided to stop supporting 30-second unskippable ads as of 2018 and focus instead on formats that work well for both users and advertisers.

The company further said that it will continue with 15 and 20-second non-skippable ad format however, you will see more six-second bumper ads in 2018.

YouTube will kill 30-seconds unskippable ads in 2018

They should remove ads which are shown on video in Desktop. There are lots of space outside video player which can be used instead. These ad banners on top of video player forces me to use Adblocker  :dodgy

Sarkar said:
They should remove ads which are shown on video in Desktop. There are lots of space outside video player which can be used instead. These ad banners on top of video player forces me to use Adblocker  :dodgy

then what about youtube creators who are earning money by such ads :huh

Rushil said:
then what about youtube creators who are earning money by such ads :huh

You got me wrong bro. I always support Ads, But it should be acceptable. Look at the below image 

Capture.png

Ad # 1 is blocking the view of the content. So it should not be there. But there is no such issue with Ad #2. 

It's the ad#1 which forces us to use ad block. There are many other examples. Just look at the full page ad on TOI website Which completely blocks view of all content. Ads should be such that it doesn't block the content and irritate users.  :dodgy

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock