YouTube Users in India to Now See More Local Language Content

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
According to YouTube, its users in India will see more local language content on Home and Trending sections starting December 12.

Based on a user's watch history, YouTube will automatically identify their preferred Indic language including Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu, and display more content in that language on Home section.

The language preference would be based on a combination of your user interface language, your watch history, and your location, said YouTube. The users can also change their language if they think that YouTube has identified the wrong language for them.

The company has started rolling this feature out for all users.

YouTube Users in India to Now See More Local Language Content - News18

Oh yes, I was getting many punjabi, Tamil and many more videos on the front page.

Based on a user's watch history, YouTube will automatically identify their preferred Indic language including Bengali, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu, and display more content in that language on Home section.

I have disabled "watch history" and "search history". That means even if I don't watch the regional videos, I still will be getting those video. Oh damn. :s

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock