Breaking YouTube Starts Restricting Video resolution to 480p

Read the first post. What does it say?
Yup In the first post it's written that it's on mobile. But, I think he is saying Display. Which can be anything!

But for me also on Mobile, the youtube decreased the quality to 480p even when I am a premium user and they are not allowing it 1080p on wifi that is bad.

Yup In the first post it's written that it's on mobile. But, I think he is saying Display. Which can be anything!

But for me also on Mobile, the youtube decreased the quality to 480p even when I am a premium user and they are not allowing it 1080p on wifi that is bad.

You're right, they should allow 1080p for the premium users. It won't make a major difference in YouTube's overall national bandwidth usage.

1080p on wifi is allowed. It's only disabled on mobile data. I think FHD should always be disabled on mobile data. FHD and 4K aren't meant to stream on mobile data.

Last edited:
Sorry for off topic but whatapp also implemented restrictions now the status will of 15 seconds only

browser upto 1080p
I think streaming on Browser (Mobile/Desktop/TV) will always give MAXIMUM resolution available for the video!
zqKgSQD.jpg

Yellow! The request to disable was from some Cellular organization. I forgot the name.
The Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) did requested but restriction is put on wifi as well because broadband speeds were also getting affected.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock