Willow | Disney+ | November 30

marvel44

Believe
News Columnist
Solutions
Reaction score
Disney is re-creating the fantasy world of Willow.

Streaming platform Disney+ has greenlit a series based on Ron Howard's 1988 movie. Warwick Davis will reprise his role in the series, and Jon M. Chu is set to direct the first episode and executive produce. Jonathan Kasdan (Solo), who wrote the pilot, and Wendy Mericle (Arrow) will serve as showrunners.

Howard, who hinted at a possible Willow sequel in a 2019 interview, will be an executive producer of the series. The film's screenwriter, Bob Dolman, will be a consulting producer. Lucasfilm will produce.

'Willow' Series a Go at Disney+ | Hollywood Reporter

Reactions: iDJ
Buddy! Willow isn't Star Wars. Its a separate thing from the same studio like Indiana Jones.
That is what I thought as well. But this being tweeted from the Star Wars account + majority of Star Wars forums posting about this as well confused me...

That is what I thought as well. But this being tweeted from the Star Wars account + majority of Star Wars forums posting about this as well confused me...
Lucasfilm was producing many things. After Star Wars Prequel series they stopped everything, and were doing only Animation. After Disney bought Lucasfilm, they prioritised getting Star Wars up and running before concentrating on others. Now they are slowly starting to branch out again with Children of the Blood and bone and Willow, Indiana Jones etc.

Last edited:
Ruby Cruz (Castle Rock) has landed the female co-lead opposite Ellie Bamber and Erin Kellyman in Willow, Disney+ and Lucasfilm’s upcoming TV series follow-up to the 1988 fantasy movie, with the film’s star Warwick Davis reprising his title role, I have learned. She replaced Cailee Spaeny, who had been originally tapped for the role, after an extensive recasting process.

‘Willow’: Ruby Cruz Cast As A Lead In Disney+ Series

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock