Discussion Wikipedia is celebrating its 20th Birthday

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 683

hike

Solutions
Reaction score
Okay Wikipedia is celebrating its existence and also inviting us to join them and also in return (if you want) it's asking for donation.
8bEb93P.jpg

4qjmedI.jpg

j2S2TYK.jpg

Like Wikipedia is so *10 year old me* : "dekh gift lekar aaye toh thik baki tu party mein toh aayega hi" (it's alright if you gifting unless you are coming to the party right)

P.S : Wikipedia not reliable source for our forum and it's never going to be :biggrin:But, now if someone talk even with fact and Wiki SS. I ask him "Okay you are right my friend but you are reading Wiki which is not reliable source."

It is a non-profit organisation run by volunteers, sure it is unreliable since anyone can edit their pages and correcting that may take time but it has shown us that hundreds of thousands of people with highly varying backgrounds, views, interests, can work together to produce something of value. It is world's biggest free and ad-free source of information on any topic. Any content is only as good as the writers who have been writing/editing them, it's not bad to verify information that you are citing from Wikipedia or any other website too with a different source.

Last edited:
It is a non-profit organisation run by volunteers, sure it is unreliable since anyone can edit their pages and correcting that may take time but it has shown us that hundreds of thousands of people with highly varying backgrounds, views, interests, can work together to produce something of value. It is world's biggest free and ad-free source of information on any topic. Any content is only as good as the writers who have been writing/editing them, it's not bad to verify information that you are citing from Wikipedia or any other website too with a different source.
True when poor students can't afford expensive encyclopedia. They go for Wikipedia. I am pretty sure most of the articles being authentic as it's heavily moderated.

True when poor students can't afford expensive encyclopedia. They go for Wikipedia. I am pretty sure most of the articles being authentic as it's heavily moderated.
True guys we all have learn lots of things day and night through Wikipedia. And those were just for fun. Don't take it otherwise. I learn and respect Wiki.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock