Discussion Why does one buys Airtel's sim?

• Thread starter iDJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10
  • Views: Views 1,343

iDJ

Elite
Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
How can this network offer premium service?

qW5NHWx.png

I live at an excellent location around a stadium. Where coverage is supposed to be excellent to avoid embarrassment. Vodafone and Jio doesn't fails here. Airtel doesn't loses an opportunity to fail it's users. Atleast on youtube speed is supposed to be usable.

To escape slow coverage. I use Opera Mini which doesn't work on Airtel. It takes to http://one.airtel.in/rcconf .

ki7hCcK.png

I don't get why anyone buys Airtel's sim. Jio and BSNL are cheap. Vodafone offers double data. What does Airtel do?

Data speeds may vary place to place, in my area Jio speed is pathetic that's why I chose Airtel. Btw why you brought Airtel sim when you were already getting excellent service at lower prices?
To help the guy who was selling sim.

It's not about data speed. What is Airtel's unique offering?

I have money to invest so I invested lumpsum on airtel Sim , 2 times.
And yeah it gives me good return on my SIP too.

It's not about data speed. What is Airtel's unique offering?
Well your post was about slow network. I don't understand what kind of uniqueness you are searching for in a telecom service provider, their primary moto is same to provide stable network connectivity throughout the country with proper data speeds.

If you are asking for free perks or offers then on on Airtel you get free access to content from likes of CuriosityStream, Wynk Music provides offline listening, unrestricted downloads and Highest Quality Audio which are not available for free on Jio Saavn. Only advantage of Jio in terms of free perks imo is Jio TV since they have most of live channels.

Data speeds may vary place to place, in my area Jio speed is pathetic that's why I chose Airtel.
Same here. Jio was the first 4G network i used in my first 4G device but then eventually everyone started using it, and speed went drastically down. Customer care people were clueless, so i had switched into the best alternative which was Airtel 4G here. Then i used to get 60 mbps+ mostly but these days it's upto 20 mbps. Still good i would say comparing to Jio 4G speeds in my area (my parents still use Jio prepaid and it sucks other than voice calls and sms).

How can this network offer premium service?

qW5NHWx.png

I live at an excellent location around a stadium. Where coverage is supposed to be excellent to avoid embarrassment. Vodafone and Jio doesn't fails here. Airtel doesn't loses an opportunity to fail it's users. Atleast on youtube speed is supposed to be usable.

To escape slow coverage. I use Opera Mini which doesn't work on Airtel. It takes to http://one.airtel.in/rcconf .

ki7hCcK.png

I don't get why anyone buys Airtel's sim. Jio and BSNL are cheap. Vodafone offers double data. What does Airtel do?
I second you. Instead of improving their network, they say use your WiFi to get benefits of superior coverage. I haven't paid for a one year plan , that won't even let me browse at 20 kbps.
I haven't paid them to use my broadband data bandwidth to make a call. If I had such intension, I would rather go for a VoIP service.
Once this operator used to be top most at providing data speeds. Now it has become a total garbage.

Your frustration is understandable. However, as we all know - your choice of Network Operator and it's opinion largely depends on where you spend your time, the most. So, your house, school, college, work, daily routine, etc. and occasional visits is what matters.

For example, I am very happy with airtel for all my usual daily routine. But once I visited a Hill Station and airtel had only 2G signal there, where as Vodafone had excellent 4G Coverage. I stayed there 3 days and so had to use HotSpot from others using Vodafone as airtel internet just did not work at all! However, that doesnt mean I hate airtel. If I was a resident in that Hill Station, I would have probably had Vodafone and not airtel.

This is what most of the people do. If you see any particular area, there is "one particular" network which is more popular. The fact that you did not have an airtel SIM till now is probably your area is more Vodafone/Jio pro, and it should stay like that.

You may also request airtel to setup a 4G tower in your area using their Open Network initiative. Can't assure you it will materialise as it may depend on a lot of factors, but at least airtel is open to taking these suggestions.
India's leading provider of Prepaid & Postpaid Mobile Services in India - Airtel.in

If you are bored during lockdown. Try contacting Airtel's customer service. It's a great time killer. Calls to customer service is not audible on 4G Volte. On 2G, Edge downgrades to GPRS. Yes, GPRS still exists in 2020. Meanwhile normal calls does work without any issue.

And here is the biggest joke of the year.
WFV2433.png

Atleast have numbers offline on the app. So that customer can contact Airtel using other network's number when network is down. Really pathetic.

I still can't believe customer service's IVR is not audible. Meanwhile voice calls works fine.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock