While buying a new phone with similar config and OS, does maker of Smartphone matter ?

Dhinakar Raj

Reaction score
If I buy a good Snapdragon chipset with Amoled display and sony image sensor and Android One OS, will the maker of the phone matters? Should we care?

I mean.
it could be
Nokia or Xiomi or Samsung or Pixel phone. because the cost varies hugely. Please help to understand.

A chicken biriyani is a chicken biriyani no matter you buy it from a roadside stall on a cart or from a authentic biriyani exclusive restaurant. Both places use same basic ingredients like basmati rice, chicken, chillies, onion, etc. But the way it is prepared, the other ingredients which goes into it, the hygiene level, health quotient, the ambience, the way it is served, the taste makes the difference between ₹50 and ₹250.

Same way, there are numerous parts which makes a smartphone, a smartphone. You have just mentioned the basic parts like - cpu, camera, display. That doesn't fully make a smartphone, so yes looking at the manufacturer is important. Different brands might use, different internal parts as per their pricing and hence the difference in prices. And some brands would buy parts in huge bulks so that they get huge discounts and cheap rates. For ex., Xiaomi accepts that they follow this tactic to get big discount from their suppliers. And some brands imports the parts and build smartphones from scratch. And some of them actually import prebuilt boards and just assemble the other things. Importing a part would cost less than importing a prebuilt board due to excise duty and taxes. There are numerous other factors which influence the pricing.

i would just suggest you to pick the brand which offers official service around your area. You shouldn't end up traveling long distance to fix your phone. After sales service is more important than the sales itself.

If I buy a good Snapdragon chipset with Amoled display and sony image sensor and Android One OS, will the maker of the phone matters? Should we care?

I mean.
it could be
Nokia or Xiomi or Samsung or Pixel phone. because the cost varies hugely. Please help to understand.
if you buy phone with same specifications for me makers does not matter if makers are well established go for there product...for example if you want to spend extra you can choose any of samsung, one plus, apple phones if you wanna spend little go for real me ,xiaomi etc as they are well established in smartphone industry ..but in same manner if you wanna choose same specifications from brands like karbon , gionee, g five, Micromax etc then definetly brand matter as they are not trust worthy there os, optimization sucks

At hardware level, is snapdragon 855 in Redmi K20 Pro anyway different from same in Pixel 4? Does snapdragon company supply chipset to Google and redmi or do they sell only architecture?

I don't think it is wise to compare Pixel 4 and Redmi K20 Pro. It is like comparing the President of Srilanka and the US.

US has a better justice system. Hopefully, their president threaded an easier path to office. Srilanka has a very bad system when compared to the US. The President of Srilanka could possibly be a smarter man than POTUS because he fought a harder battle to reach where he is. But still, try to imagine which office is superior.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock