Seeking Help Which Water Purifier Gives Water at 100-150 TDS Level?

DTH Fan

Reaction score
Guys

I'm having a problem and want your help.

2-3 years back, I purchased Aquaguard Enhance water purifier which comes with built-in TDS controller.

A few months back, I called a local RO technician to change its filters. When he opened the RO cabinet, I noticed that he adjusted a bolt type switch to change the TDS level as it was very low 20 approx.

He adjusted it near 100. After some days I purchased a TDS checker equipment to regularly check the TDS level myself.

Now the problem is, the TDS level goes down every day. If I check TDS level today and set it to 100 myself and I check next day, it goes down to 90 and then 80. Every day it goes down.

Now I want to know is there any RO purifier which doesn't have this issue and can provide water with approx. 100 TDS level?

I read on Internet that TDS level of water purified by water purifiers should be between 100-150.

Please suggest a water purifier which can provide water of TDS level between 100-150 and keep it at this level.

A TDS controller Valve (bolt type switch you say) has 2 screws, one for adjusting the actual TDS and other (a washer check nut) to make it fixed. Are you sure you are tightening the check nut ?

If you are planning to buy new Water Purifier then here are few tips.
●if TDS of the water is less than 500 PPM then RO is not required go for (UV+UF)* instead.
UV+UF+Sediment filter+carbon filter.

● if your water is having TDS more than 500 PPM & you are going for RO with TDS controller then insure that it also has UV light along with sediment & carbon filters.
Because in order to adjust TDS most of the purifiers bypasses little amount of water from RO membrane (they directly supplies few amount water without passing through RO membrane) which increases the chances of bacteria & virus in the final product. So, in such cases always insure that you atleast having purifier with UV light too.

●Always install outer filter to increase the life of Filters installed in the purifier.

A TDS controller Valve (bolt type switch you say) has 2 screws, one for adjusting the actual TDS and other (a washer check nut) to make it fixed. Are you sure you are tightening the check nut ?
Of course. I always tighten it.

If you are planning to buy new Water Purifier then here are few tips.
●if TDS of the water is less than 500 PPM then RO is not required go for (UV+UF)* instead.
UV+UF+Sediment filter+carbon filter.

● if your water is having TDS more than 500 PPM & you are going for RO with TDS controller then insure that it also has UV light along with sediment & carbon filters.
Because in order to adjust TDS most of the purifiers bypasses little amount of water from RO membrane (they directly supplies few amount water without passing through RO membrane) which increases the chances of bacteria & virus in the final product. So, in such cases always insure that you atleast having purifier with UV light too.

●Always install outer filter to increase the life of Filters installed in the purifier.
Can you suggest a good water purifier? The problem is if I purchase a new water purifier, how can I know what TDS level will be in the filtered water? I want to become certain before purchasing.

@DTH Fan

Actually what you are asking for is ban in India. It's illegal to manufacture water purifier which gives such low TDS. Because it waste too much water. If you input 3 Litres of Water into the RO Process, you will get one litre of Clean water and 2 liters of Dirty water. That's why government is going to ban them..

According to World Health Organization, TDS level less than 300 mg/litre is considered as excellent, between 300 and 600 mg/liter is good, 600-900 is fair.
In India, If the TDS level is above 500mg/liter, the water is considered as disagreeable. But, due to the lack of water resources, people are drinking water that has greater TDS Levels.

Source:
Ban ROs where dissolved solids in water below 500 mg per litre, NGT tells govt

Supreme Court refuses to stay NGT ban on RO filters, asks manufacturers to approach govt

Minimum TDS Level for Drinking Water (Total Dissolved Solids)

Last edited:
A few months back, I called a local RO technician to change its filters
Before reaching any decision Call Aquaguard Technician & tell them your concern.
These Local technicians will make your RO useless Dabba.

After some days I purchased a TDS checker equipment to regularly check the TDS level myself.
After 7-8 uses you need to calibrate TDS meter in order to continue getting correct reading, buy any certified Solution for that purpose or get your unfiltered & filter water tested in Certified lab.

Can you suggest a good water purifier? The problem is if I purchase a new water purifier, how can I know what TDS level will be in the filtered water? I want to become certain before purchasing.
I would not suggest you to go for RO purifier if your Water TDS is less than 500.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock