Discussion Which OTT service is worth subscribing?

Which OTT service is worth subscribing?

• Total voters

Sai Jai

Reaction score
I have subscribed Disney+ , Discovery plus & Zee5 and having liv for free based on these i love Disney + most next to discovery plus based on content offering

So do share your thoughts too friends let's see who offering better content in our country

Poll options are limited so will try to give major ott names as seperate rest will come under others category if your voting for others do specify ott name via post

Cheers!!!!

currently I am having D+H, Zee5, Amazon Prime but I voted to Hoichoi . just because of the whole bengali market they have captured where big player like disney, Prime and even Zee failed to capitalize. various genre offered by Hoichoi are top notch where as Prime and Hotstar provides almost nothing for bengali subscribers. so regional content providing point of view I have chosen Hoichoi.

How can you chose one over the one nowadays contribute every OTT platform contributes to something our liking.

When it comes to overall content Disney+ is the winner. Got sports, drama, sitcoms, documentaries, cartoons and everything. Even with IPL leaving. I don't think we will miss much. Voot comes second. Not Netflix and even Prime.

When it comes to affordability it's hands down Discovery+. All the lifestyle and infotainment content along with sports content via Eurosport. No one can match them. Along with pro wrestling pay per views froms AEW and Impact. For ₹399 it's a steal.

Overrated in my opinion is Sony LIV. UI is bad. Has ads even on the highest priced plan. Even their originals are underperforming. Very rarely I find their original programming any good. Even shows are not available before TV. ₹999 is too much for an ask. WWE Network is a flawed concept. Most content aren't timely added along with inability to watch pay per views after broadcast as it can't be found for hours which is somehow available to premium users though.

Underrated is YouTube. So much content to watch. You don't even need a premium subscription. All you need is to find right channels to your liking. Something like Vox live channel is the future where you don't need to watch individual videos. You can watch live compilation like on a linear TV.

Meanwhile JioTV is not an OTT platform. It's a service to watch satellite and internet TV channels.

Officially Jio tv is a OTT medium but thought to omit it coz it's only for jio users as of now
youtube is missing in the pole.
I don't think YouTube is a OTT so omitted from poll meanwhile thread got posted accidentally before poll options get filled so reported to team hoping some changes in poll options by removing jio tv and other on by adding sun NXT and others option 😎

YouTube is an OTT platform. It has infographics, news, other important channels along with original content and documentaries. Music and Sports are there too. It is the ultimate OTT platform.

I clearly mentioned in post #01 poll options are limited major ott name will be put on seperate rest will come under others option the same will be reported to team soon it'll be added after that also why someone howling here and every other thread with Zero respect on replying others post .. if you have issue in appropriate thread/poll stay away from the appropriate thread instead of howling every others thread .. your not the sole authority to post thread & poll here

Last edited:
I think in future we don't need to stress much as everything will come under one subscription like Tata Play Binge and Ottplay. We can stay calm and just subscribe to bundles. Nowadays it's frustrating and time consuming to switch across apps to find what's streaming where. Even brands have to aggressively advertise across platforms to get their messages across.

Leaving sunnxt is not good..it should be added...many live channels few free movies,Marathi and Bengali contents other 5Han south regionals...4k, Dolby Atmos,Dolby Digital with one of the best quality..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock