Discussion When would non essentials from e-commerce will be allowed in Chennai ?

Bro s
I am too facing same issue. I've been waiting to order two mobiles. Flipkart + Amazon both are down 😣

Same for me also. What's the point in it ? banning e-commerce alone and letting all kinds of shops to open in Chennai. I think these are purposely done in favour of local shops. But online shopping is the safest way to buy things looks like state government wants us to come outside to buy things or they don't want us to buy non essentials :angry2:

any idea , when Amazon/Flipkart will start delivering in chennai; as per govt Last Monday (July 6th onwards) itself non-essential items can be delivered by ecommerce. but both amazon , flipkart mentions not deliverable even today.

1. But online shopping is the safest way to buy things
2. looks like state government wants us to come outside to buy things or they don't want us to buy non essentials :angry2:

1. Why do you think so? In an online order you never know how many hands that product has been passed on. You never see the personnel involved in the packing and moving of the order, except the delivery guy. And you never know if any one of those person has any symptoms. If you go to a local shop and if you are doubtful about the shopkeeper, you can avoid that shop and move on to next shop, which is not possible in online orders. Also online order involves lot of logistics (both inter-district and inter-state) which in turn means lot of people movement.. We are just thinking about our comfort but not about those who would be out on the road processing our orders. They are humans too.

2. Govt. wants us to go out only for essentials and refrain buying non essential for a while.

As per govt Last Monday (July 6th onwards) itself non-essential items can be delivered by ecommerce.

That relaxation is applicable only for rest of tamilnadu, except the Chennai, Chengalpattu, kanchipuram districts. Please read the Govt. media release carefully.

So is it only Chennai or worst affected cities like Mumbai, Pune or Delhi also facing this restriction. I am just curious 😉

1. Why do you think so? In an online order you never know how many hands that product has been passed on. You never see the personnel involved in the packing and moving of the order, except the delivery guy. And you never know if any one of those person has any symptoms. If you go to a local shop and if you are doubtful about the shopkeeper, you can avoid that shop and move on to next shop, which is not possible in online orders. Also online order involves lot of logistics (both inter-district and inter-state) which in turn means lot of people movement.. We are just thinking about our comfort but not about those who would be out on the road processing our orders. They are humans too.

2. Govt. wants us to go out only for essentials and refrain buying non essential for a while.

That relaxation is applicable only for rest of tamilnadu, except the Chennai, Chengalpattu, kanchipuram districts. Please read the Govt. media release carefully.

1. It is just our perception Sir.

Online, Brick & Mortar or annachi kadai - we really dont know how many hands were involved in handling a product or how many may have touched and felt the product (beyond shopkeepers). I prefer online for essentials during this time as it can be easy to track people involved end to end.

Agree there is people movement involved and that the people working to get our essentials are to be thanked. But I am assuming the retailers/shop keepers/supermarkets take necessary precautions and are considering the safety of their staff.

2. The essentials that were delivered during the first lock down are not deliverable now as per Amazon Pantry (or the item is unavailable). Dont know if there is something beyond the regulation. But I have no complaints as I can understand there can be some challenges.

1. It is just our perception Sir.

Online, Brick & Mortar or annachi kadai - we really dont know how many hands were involved in handling a product or how many may have touched and felt the product (beyond shopkeepers). I prefer online for essentials during this time as it can be easy to track people involved end to end.

Agree there is people movement involved and that the people working to get our essentials are to be thanked. But I am assuming the retailers/shop keepers/supermarkets take necessary precautions and are considering the safety of their staff.

2. The essentials that were delivered during the first lock down are not deliverable now as per Amazon Pantry (or the item is unavailable). Dont know if there is something beyond the regulation. But I have no complaints as I can understand there can be some challenges.

Yesterday at a local vegetable/fruit shop, I saw a guy removing his mask to smell a ripe Mango, thats how we are used to. I might have hesitated to buy any Mango having seen that. But it can be no different if we are buying say from BigBasket - but it did not happen in front of our eyes and it creates an illusion that it is safe for me to handle.

I am over cautious thses days with increasing numbers and suspect every product I buy and take the required precaution (assuming events like above)

For non essentials, it is driven by demand and if the B&M shops are open, the online retailers should also be allowed with the required regulations is my opinion.

Yesterday at a local vegetable/fruit shop, I saw a guy removing his mask to smell a ripe Mango, thats how we are used to. I might have hesitated to buy any Mango having seen that. But it can be no different if we are buying say from BigBasket - but it did not happen in front of our eyes and it creates an illusion that it is safe for me to handle.

That's what i said here...
If you go to a local shop and if you are doubtful about the shopkeeper, you can avoid that shop and move on to next shop, which is not possible in online orders.

That's why, I prefer reality than illusion...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock