WhatsApp updates its Privacy Policy, to be effective starting 19th June, 2021

They are still going to use the data we interacted with business accounts. Now almost all banks, shipping agencies, telcos like VoId, flight services, online travel agencies, etc use whatsapp for cc. Hell, even some of them send OTP via whatsapp (to avoid paying telcos). These data will be shared to the World's greatest voyeur cum Peeping Tom FB and his friends.

I have observed few contacts trying 7 days delete feature of Whatsapp - still they dont understand for 7 days the message would be in server , even before it gets deleted it could get info which it needs. even business WhatsApp account ones. at present it seems due to whatsapp delay of new term still may month has made some people relaxed and they don't seem to be in hurry to shift to signal messenger entirely. even few people defend whatsapp citing that it has defended informed it doesn't collect personal info (official statement) & as shown in news. most people sadly read it in more details unless needed.

We should have some law to make privacy rules & Terms and conditions - rules as simple as possible for users within two or one page at max.

I don't understand why some people are trying Bip messenger app (from turkey- it doesn't even support End to end encryption ) whatever message they send can be assessed by company. compared to WA its even more unsecure .

What do u guys think about threema paid messaging app -in reviews people have commented even it has so many bugs , though even it supports end to end subscription.

WhatsApp back on top in the app store.

j6nksQd.jpg

People who knows well about FB, has awareness of privacy, who never believe whatever sh!t gets forwarded in WA & FB already moved to Signal, sum of which comes to around 0.1% of population. But there are a whole lot of people (almost balance 99.9% of population) who believe all the stupid WA and FB forwards. These people are the asset of FB and burden for us -- the privacy conscious people, since more than 60% of our friends & family comes in this category only. Looks like, we have to continue our stupid old school / college & family chat groups in WA only.

WA has cunningly started this public privacy change announcement after getting all important cos to WA Business. Why won't the Businesses join them? It doesn't cost much money and cheaper than sending details using bulk sms service. Yes, stopping bulk sms in few years, is in the future plan for the businesses and that's where WA / FB Devil signed the deal successfully. Signal is too small to convince those businesses.

Moving to Signal will not change much. But leaving FB and IG accounts will have better results. I have deactivated FB account some 5 years back and never have IG account. Going to close WA in one of my number. The real problem will be when stupid businesses asks for WA numbers for sending non encrypted e-tickets and OTPs. In most of those cases, we can ask them to send via e-mail, saying no WA number (by using the mobile number without WA account).

But sadly, by that time - even few of the privacy conscious people will be ready to sacrifice privacy for the convenience and ready to deal with the Devil.

Last edited:
People who knows well about FB, has awareness of privacy, who never believe whatever sh!t gets forwarded in WA & FB already moved to Signal, sum of which comes to around 0.1% of population. But there are a whole lot of people (almost balance 99.9% of population) who believe all the stupid WA and FB forwards. These people are the asset of FB and burden for us -- the privacy conscious people, since more than 60% of our friends & family comes in this category only. Looks like, we have to continue our stupid old school / college & family chat groups in WA only.

WA has cunningly started this public privacy change announcement after getting all important cos to WA Business. Why won't the Businesses join them? It doesn't cost much money and cheaper than sending details using bulk sms service. Yes, stopping bulk sms in few years, is in the future plan for the businesses and that's where WA / FB Devil signed the deal successfully. Signal is too small to convince those businesses.

Moving to Signal will not change much. But leaving FB and IG accounts will have better results. I have deactivated FB account some 5 years back and never have IG account. Going to close WA in one of my number. The real problem will be when stupid businesses asks for WA numbers for sending non encrypted e-tickets and OTPs. In most of those cases, we can ask them to send via e-mail, saying no WA number (by using the mobile number without WA account).

But sadly, by that time - even few of the privacy conscious people will be ready to sacrifice privacy for the convenience and ready to deal with the Devil.
And to add few of my friends, who like the status option feels WA is good for them. :biggrin:
I have been using Signal for sometime and i feel it solves my purpose as complete alternate to WA for being in touch with my relatives/friends.

There is much misinformation about changes of Terms of Service. Some users say that new Terms of Service are more complicated to understand while other users talk without knowing how things really work, switching to alternative apps like Signal (that is copying a lot of features from WhatsApp) and Telegram (that allows to import WhatsApp chats now). I almost never include personal opinions in my article, but I think we live in a world where everyone can decide which app is better for himself, so I’m not here to say to avoid other applications (also because I use all them), but I’d like to explain why WhatsApp is still a solution for your privacy.

WhatsApp is still a solution for your privacy | WABetaInfo

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock