Seeking Help What should be the ideal picture settings for an LED TV?

Vishnu777

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have bought a new LED TV of Amstrad from a shop...

I would like to know what must be the ideal picture settings for a TV to get good clarity.

Sometimes I'm getting a lot of white colour due to contrast and sometimes less white....

Can you all share your picture settings as well?

First Set Default Standard Settings. Then Change it upto + -15% of each option as required.
1. Reduce backlight to 85 percent from 100 to increase black level.
2. Don't change sharpness.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but thought I'd share my little knowledge here, if someone searches the forum for info. Actually, this is the most neglected area as people just go by the settings without tweaking.

Getting a natural picture is much easier now than olden days when we had CRT TVs. There are many ways to do it with ample devices and SW available for picture calibration. Earlier it was only DVD disks (I still have them). I preferred Windows media center (it was there until Windows7) as an alternative to DVDs.

Here is a website which explains calibration process in a easy way. How to calibrate your TV to get the best picture possible. Follow the steps provided and you will be able to get almost professionally calibrated quality pic on your HDTV. Repeat the settings for each input as many TVs save settings separately for each input. Actually, every device outputs different quality pictures and calibration has to be done correctly for each input and device.

TweakTV.com was a best source for calibration information, but seems like it's no more available.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock