• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,273

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
On average, I visit about 80 different websites every day. It’s refreshing to come across sites that have nice designs in addition to good functionality. Thought I’d mention a couple here. Just so you know, we didn’t design these sites.

Melissa Biggs - This is a nice, clean design that encompasses 3 different professions for one person – Actress, Speaker and Designer. The photography is excellent and the filmstrip idea is nice. If you’re a speaker, take a look at how she’s organized additional navigation when you scroll down on the page. The social media icons are arranged nicely without being too much. If you go to the Press page, there’s a magnifying glass icon, click on that and the whole scanned article comes up with click-to-enlarge images.

Tom’s Shoes This is a very nice, easy to navigate e-commerce site. There are good images that are easy to click-to-enlarge and in 3 clicks your order is placed. The philanthropic message of donating one pair of shoes for every pair sold is awesome. The email signup is on the left (so it’s on every page) and also on the right on the home page. There’s a lot of information on this site, yet it is laid out in such an organized way. It’s easy to find what you want to buy and get involved in the movement if you choose. The community page has a video with social media icons – I like that! The Press page is very well done. The only change I’d make there is to have them in chronological order with most current being first.

By looking at what is working for other sites, you might get some ideas on how to enhance YOUR site! Post a site below that you like and why it’s so good!

http://thewebmuse.com/blog/web-site-design/what-makes-a-good-website/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock