Seeking Help Want a Bike Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus_Prime

Contributor
Reaction score
Want to purchase a bike of not more than 160CC for daily commute, like home to office(10+10km) . Please suggest anyone which is Economic as well as comfortable to right.
Budget Maximum On Road price -₹140000-₹150000
I've shortlisted two
1. Honda Xblade BS6
2.hero Xtreme 160 BS6

I would suggest take a test ride for the below models if it's suitable for your riding comfort.

TVS apache 160 4v
Suzuki gixer naked version 150cc(pillion comfort is zero but for the rider it's good)
Yamaha FZ 150
Generally, hero bikes are value for money.
Honda service center is not good. Why not try Honda hornet or unicorn instead of blade.

Last edited:
I would suggest Hona Unicorn (More refined too). As per @San_jay it depends on the service centre. Research good.

I own a Honda CB Unicorn 150 CC (149) from 2011 and its still excellent, 65K Odometer Reading, Comfortable for Rider & Pillion Too, Monosuspension feels smooth.

The only thing that I replaced in the bike was Disk Set as the thickness got reduced considerably due to regular wear and tear which is expected.

Test Drive and decide.

Well here are the development
1. Hero Xtreme - Pillion comfort is absolutely zero. No Grabrail for pillion and area is also very small.

2. Yamaha FZS V3 -Read many review on bike related portal and seen on youtube and most of them facing Tank panel opening issue with in 3month to 6month.

3. TVS RTR 160 4V - mileage is very less in this segment , almost 30-35kmpl. And Not good for me as I am 5.5' but seat hight is 800mm.

4. Gixxer 155 SF - Looking stunning. But I Don't think it will look good for a office going man.. itwll mostly suited foe college going student and for lovebirds.

Want to purchase a bike of not more than 160CC for daily commute, like home to office(10+10km) . Please suggest anyone which is Economic as well as comfortable to right.
Budget Maximum On Road price -₹140000-₹150000
I've shortlisted two
1. Honda Xblade BS6
2.hero Xtreme 160 BS6
for daily commute, i would ask you a question.

Electric vehicle like ather, Bajaj, etc
even
Revolt motor cycle is good choice.

think yourself with open mind before going for ICE.

Last edited:
I don't know about other bikes. But i won't suggest Honda Hornet. There will be many Chain related problems within 6-12 months. The Mileage that is advertised is not same on real world condition. I hardly get 45-50 while they advertised 60.

I don't know about other bikes. But i won't suggest Honda Hornet. There will be many Chain related problems within 6-12 months. The Mileage that is advertised is not same on real world condition. I hardly get 45-50 while they advertised 60.
The mileage depends on a lot of things including your driving style and type of roads you are driving on.Most of us have the habit taking half clutch which reduces the mileage especially when your commuting distance is not that much,rapid and frequent acceleration and deceleration too reduces the mileage.There are many things like that

Personally i like Honda Unicorn.It has great engine and relatively fuel efficient.I have Yamaha FZS 2014 model and a Honda CB350.FZS literally drinks petrol and has zero comfort for the pillion even though it is great to ride given the broader tires at back.I have seen that subsequent avatars of FZS are also same.

The mileage depends on a lot of things including your driving style and type of roads you are driving on.Most of us have the habit taking half clutch which reduces the mileage especially when your commuting distance is not that much,rapid and frequent acceleration and deceleration too reduces the mileage.There are many things like that
I used to travel in NH one city to another. Total 50 km everyday. Speed used to be 50-60 constant with one person at back. I used to fill INR 100 of petrol every day for that. This is kind of optimal conditions one can get as this was without Traffic. That's why i said Hornet isn't giving good mileage. Plus Chain issue. You have to visit garage for every 1000-1200 km.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock