Wake Alarm for iPhone Will Make Sure You Get Out of Bed

geekvishal

Banned
Reaction score
Waking up in the morning is arguably one of the top three more despised facts of life. Unless you’re incredibly
disciplined, chances are—like me—you hit snooze once or twice (or more) before actually heaving yourself out
of bed. Like, ugh, it’s time to wake up. Today sucks.
While the stock alarm setting in iOS is handy enough, it’s a little too easy to accidentally turn it off thinking
you hit snooze. Not that that’s happened to me, it’s just what I’ve heard. So why not make waking up a little
more pleasant through good design and motion control? Maybe people will stop accusing you of waking up on
the wrong side of the bed.
As you can see in the video above, Wake Alarm is dead simple to setup. When you launch the app, you’ll be
met by a clock interface—almost like a watch—where you can run your finger around the circle to set an
alarm. Hit ok and you’re done. It’s an attractive interface and super minimalist, but there are features hiding
below the surface, so don’t be fooled by the app’s appearance. Alarms can be set to reoccur specific days of
the week, and you can have multiple alarms running.
Like anything in Apple’s universe, it won’t work in the background, so you gotta boot it up every time you go
to bed. It might be worth it, however, because Wake Alarm has a particular feature that heavy sleeper will
love: a Shake feature to turn the alarm off. This feature works exactly how it sounds, and there are even shake
levels that require you to work a little harder to get the alarm to turn off.
Other features of the app include a mode that gives users the ability to snooze (of course), that you can
activate by slapping the screen, and turn off by flipping your device over. I’d recommend the shake mode if
you really want to ensure you’ll wake up—I’m willing to try anything that’ll get me out of bed.
It doesn’t track your sleeping habits, and it doesn’t do much beyond the stock alarm app on iOS, but it does
introduce a few extra elements that should (hopefully) get you out of bed on time. You snooze you lose. Don’t
lose.
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/06/13/wake-alarm-for-iphone-will-make-sure-you-get-out-of-bed/

Reactions: Omi
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock